Guess what??

I'd like to get in touch with people/women already living in Panama.
Born in 1961 I'm at the very edge to change my life and expat to Panama (at least for this moment)within the next 2 years.
If there's anybody out there who thinks about the same topics- just give me a sign.
Would be great to meet somewhere, having a 1:1 discuss and exchange.
Beside that, any serious mail from Panama  (about PA, life, lifestyle, climate and those nasty mosquitos supposed to be all over this beautiful country and so on...)
will be kindly appreciatet.

Looking forward to reading you soon
Kind regards from chilling Switzerland
Clarita

Welcome to Expat-blog, Clarita.Py :)

Hope that local members soon get in touch with you and exchange their views with you about lifestyle in Panama.

All the best

Regards,
Sheetul

Hi Sheetul,

thank you so much for your best wishes!!
So far- negativ.
Nevertheless, I really do hope to make friends with some nice people overthere, in Panama. Or Origins, who, may be would like to come and visit CH??

Be greeted from Switzerland
Clarita

Hi Clarita, I am 52, single female thinking about moving to Panama and will be visiting for two weeks in November.  Would be nice to have a friend there to experience a new country with.

Sheetul wrote:

Welcome to Expat-blog, Clarita.Py :)

Hope that local members soon get in touch with you and exchange their views with you about lifestyle in Panama.

All the best

Regards,
Sheetul

Hi Sheetul,

I am also looking for information about Panama. My mom is thinking about retiring there. Any information would be helpful!

I saw your note asking about Panama, and hoping to meet or communicate with people who live there.. I have spent much of the last 8 years in Panama. I had lived in Costa Rica for 2.5 years prior to moving to Panama. While I enjoyed CR, there were a many advantages in moving and leaving Costa Rica.

I have been in Chiriqui Province for the majority of my time in panama - in the Boquete area. I did have a condominium in Panama City as well,  but have sold it.

Boquete has a relatively large and friendly ex-pat community and is at an elevation that makes the weather comfortable. The closest city is David (Panama's 2nd largest city) and it is very convenient to have the amenities of this city available and close by.  If you travel yo Panama, be sure to check out Boquete. There are Europeans living there (Boquete and David), and it's not over developed.  Overall, it is a nice place to live, as long as you realize that Panama has a rainy season. The people are friendly, and you can meet people failry easily, because there are many activities (for example there is local theatre group, and fairly regular meetings for "foreiegn residents" where various presentations are put on, etc).

Don't give up - there are blogs focuses on Boquete out there as well....Good luck, and best regards  tim - from Boquete & Providence, RI USA