Headed to Cam Ranh

Headed to Cam Rahn next week for business meetings. Does anyone have any friends or business associates there? Seeking ideas, suggestions and referrals. Thanks :)

A suggestion for a hotel is Cam Ranh Spa Hotel, 2km south of town. It is new, has large rooms, and hot spring baths (indoor and outdoor). Avoid the downstairs rooms at the back, because you will only have a concrete block wall to look at.  The front rooms have a better aspect. The onsite restaurant has quite reasonable meals, though when my family stayed, the restaurant did not serve breakfast. For breakfast catch a cab (50,000dong) to Nguyen Thai Hoc Street, which is full of breakfast restuarants to choose from.

The hotel massage service uses machines, but will can in blind, male masseurs on request. Avoid the separate massage concession on the main road which caters for homosexuals.

Taxi drivers in Cam Ranh can point you towards restaurants and coffee shops. I often drink coffee down at short lane opposite the front of the Co-Op supermarket.  Co-Op offers cheap, sit-down meals, too.

Cam Ranh is small. For better entertainment, catch the local bus to Nha Trang, 40kms away. The bus leaves every 20mins during daylight hours and takes two hours, due to dusty, restricting roadworks.

Thanks for your response. Actually, I have a few business meeting there and in Nha Trang. Would you happen to know a translator who might be available for a few days? Tks Jason

Sorry, I don't know a good interpreter/translator for you, but my wife will see if she can find one. i'll let you know later.

Hi Ralph - My biz partner and I arrive Cam Ranh 1:40 Tuesday and need to go from there to the Ministry of Forestry for Khanh Hoa to discuss bamboo within the region. We'll invite him to dinner and it's ab a 50% change he'd go. I don't know where his office is located (I'll get the address later) but I'm sure its certainly with the other provincial office are in Nha Trang. I'm assuming the meeting will last about an hour. Once there, the gov official will give us the location to two areas of bamboo. Then, on Wednesday we will go to see the bamboo. Hence, about 1 1/2 days of translation. The translator needs to only speak average English. The Tuesday meeting will be introductory, to explain about our project and general greetings. The goal is to see whether the bamboo is sufficient and the transportation is efficient enough so that we can open our factory at Cam Ranh port (they are offering to lease us space). They are eager for a foreign enterprise and are will to negotiate at very low rates because the finished product (bamboo railroad crossties) is so heavy the saving which avoid further transportation can be enormous. We literally need thousands of trucks each year of bamboo to support our project. Because it bamboo grows quickly, we would consider leasing land to also grow and re-harvest.

Dave and I will stay at the Havana Best Western. If we go through the hotel they'll charge twice as much and then keep 85% just for referring the translator.

Once again, I would appreciate any idea or referral you may have. Best, Jason

Hi Ralph,

Did you check your message inbox?

I PMed you before.

Thanks, But I'm all set.