A level exams in Qatar

Hi, I am just wondering if anyone can give me some advice regarding the A level exams in Qatar.

My son has heard from his mates that some ' corruption' had happened in Qatar and several good grade kids had got ' un-markable' ( the kids took exams and they were those top students.) and local kids who hardly came to school had got ' A'  last year.  But these kids are not from my son's school but other school which has Edexcell and Cambridge system.

I want to know if that is only a rumor or truth!!  If so, I need to take my son to England or other country to take exams? Has anyone heard this news in other school?? 

If you hear anything, please let me know!!! Thank you!

I dont know about any corruption but you could maybe get your son to sit his exams at the British Council. I did one of my exams there for my degree and there was no problem.

Well, that's where they had trouble for exams!

I think his school is now working hard to let it happen in his own school.  Until last year, his school and a couple of other schools set exams in British Council.  Some how they swap the exam papers and when some good students who should be getting A got ' unmarkable' and students who didn't even come to classes got ' A'. Just unbelievable!!

Thanks for your advice though.

lol, thats the problem in Qatar, too many people who are completely incompetent.

Yes...and some bribery is everywhere but people just ignoring it!!  :sosad:

Hi

if you are serious about it email me back and il give you good advise

thanks

Hammoud88 wrote:

Hi

if you are serious about it email me back and il give you good advise

thanks

If you have some good advice then please post it on the forum so that others may benefit from it too.