Schools

Hi again,

Am hoping I can get some recommendations as to which private schools people feel are best in Doha, and why?

I am shocked at the high tuition fees at some of the schools!  Also, waiting lists sound very prohibitive, how long in advance does one need to register to secure a spot?

You need to apply an academic year in advance to secure a place in an international school (QIS - Park House- Sherborne, aljazeera academy) i.e. you need to apply in November / december 2011 if your kid will enter during the academic year 2012-2013

You will have to know someone in the school if you want to apply in choueifat.(if you are European / american / canadian / austrailian, it would be easier to get a place)

The above schools range from 22000 - 30000 QR and above.

You can try some other schools like Newoton school may be you can find a place there

Hi, if you are canadian, you can also try the Canadian school in doha, they only accept canadian nationals.

i agree with sousoudodi, try the american school. If not QIS is good , my kids are there and not expensive like others , also depends where u live!!!!

Hi,
My husband is moving in november to Doha, my son is in Kindergarten in the states and we want to start his school by jan 2013. Can anyone narrow great schools. so far we have heard American schools of Doha is great. We want a school with a focused curriculum and some extra curricular activities.

We are on a desperate time crunch and sincere suggestions listing at least 4-5 schools is greatly appreciated.

also compound living?? any opinions/suggestions
we are moving from Colorado, USA.

Best compounds are located in WEST BAY and in WAAB . Waab is cheaper than West Bay . The American School is in the Waab. But you have to come and see by yourself first .

I am moving to Qatar within the coming few months. I have two kids are learning in american school and I am wondering if I can find a school that teaches the same but not so expensive. What is your advice as I am moving to Doha and know nothing about this. thank you

Schools r expensive here , and places r very limited . There's only one American school here in Doha, as far as I know . First thing when u come to Doha , u gave to visit most schools and apply to it in order to reserve a place for your kids . QIS & park house r the most reasonable price wise .

nahed raef

the information I have lists the following schools as teaching the American curriculum - Not sure what you consider to be expensive so maybe you can google them / visit their websites as they often have their fees listed.

American School Doha
Internl school of Choueifat Doha
Michael E DeBakey High School
Summit Academy

Otherwise most of the other teach either the British or the IB.

Welcome to Doha! I know a lot of American, Canadian and Australian people who send their children to ASD (American School of Doha) and they are very happy with the school. Although waiting lists may seem daunting, I believe the turn around of children is obviously very high so you would move up the lists very quickly. ASD is situated in al Waab and as travelling at peak times can be very busy I would suggest you look to live not too far from the school you choose - there are a lot of Compounds in that area. Alternatively there is a school bus service, operated by a company called Trilogistics. I don't know what the fees are for ASD as my children attend British curriculum schools (we are from England - they go to DESS and Doha College). Good luck in your search and obtaining places at your chosen schools!

[moderated: no free ads please register in the business directory]