New in Qatar, Need Help, primary Grade 1 availability

Hi everyone, I'm new in this blog and looking for some info and your help/assitance about primary schools.

I'm moving to Doha August 2013 with my family (2 kids: 2 and 6-y old) to work at Qatar University and I tried to contact several international schools (english speaking) to register at least the older one 6-yeras old at the grade-1, but unfortunetely no availability found until now.
All are propoing to egster at their aiting list ... is there any chance to have their
If you are aware about raisonable int. school with availability at grade-1 please share with me their info, we are desesperating and we shouldn't be able to move if no guarantee to find a place for the child at school.
Any help is very welcome
thanks

Doha College are opening a new campus right near the University at Lagoon - go to their website to fill out the application form - this places you on a waiting list - that is how they work

Newton International School West Bay and Lagoon are also in the same area - lower price, more arab students,generally more problems with management - but the Primary section is reasonable with good western (mostly UK) teachers.

British International School is also nearby - don't know much about it though sorry.

All schools are in high demand for the early years - Foundation - Yr 3; if you get on a waiting list now you will most likely get a place for Sept as final deposits etc for the next school year are due around the end of this month usually.

Thanks @dragonladyoz for the feedback, well appreciated.
I will follow your recomendations and will give you news if any.

It's a disaster !!!!
I have been applying since february & i can't find a place for my 4 yrs old son !!!!

Hi, I am thinking about moving to Doha this summer. I checked online most of the school have closed their application for the next academic year, even for the waiting list. I have a son who will finish KG2 and need to find him a school for Grade 1.

Can someone advice what I can do?

My last option would be cancelling the move and stay where I am now.

Thanks

As above - school places are short in Doha, most particularly in the Key Stage 1 grades. Most schools are currently finalising re-enrolments for their current students and then will move to look at filling places with the students on their waiting list. There is no guarantee - all you can do is to put them on a list and cross your fingers. Some people are lucky - other wait months.

[Moderated: Please register yourself into Business directory]