QATAR INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL vs. ENGLISH MODERN SCHOOL

HI.i would like to ask if any one can tell me the different betwen the two schools as I knew that EMS constrat on reading stories and make reading levels for each grade but I feel math and science curriculum there is weak , while I donot have any information about QIS thanks

Refer to this Thread Good private schools in Doha

I would love to know if you have found out any additional information about EMS.  I will be teaching there in the fall! :)

i've visited the EMS couple of to time for business meetings, the school looks nice and i belive the employees there are happy

If you are coming to EMS in the fall I hope you are not coming to the secondary school, although the primary is a little better the whole place is a mess, too many children and not enough space. 80% staff turnover and 5 assistant principals in 4 years. The current one that is leaving at the end of this term is really good with discipline but he is not supported by the principal. The principal won't support teachers unless you are one of his protected few. If parents come and complain he gives them what they want and blames the teacher for any problems the students are having.  You will need written permission every time you want to leave the country and you will only get that with a small window, due to several members of staff doing a runner on them at Christmas and new year. They'd had enough of the blame and lies. The SEC (Supreme Education Council) are blamed for everything from why they can't pay you more to why a student who is a total menace is being allowed back into the school. There are several real nut jobs who will be back in the school in the fall. As for the director, apart from the fact she is never seen around the school she is a hippy type who talks about feelings and not making assumptions, but when she does it it's called intuition. The whole place is run for profit and the results are going down every year. Good Luck!

hello i am too gonna start working in September. You ready for it

It's not a case of 'Am I ready for it, are you?'

This place is definitely not for the faint hearted. If you can't handle children who think they are untouchable and have serious attitude, fuelled by their parents, then this is not the place for you. A lot of these students only supervision is from maids and drivers who they treat with little respect and will try and treat you the same way. If you complain about them too much it becomes, you have a problem not the student. so if you think you're strong enough, great. But good luck if you're not because you will be on your own.