Job Opportunity in Gibraltar

Hi

My wife is Chinese and has the opportunity to work in Malta for an IGaming company.  I am British and we have a 5 year old son.

I would some advise regarding moving to Gibraltar with a family. What is the cost of living and is it easy to get children into school there?

Any advice is welcome

Why are you asking about conditions in Gibraltar when it would appear you will be moving to Malta ?

Sorry. I mean she has opportunity to work in Gibraltar. We are living in Malta now.

OK

Most people consider that the cost of accommodation is high in Gibraltar, see this site for information

http://propertygibraltar.com/

However many go to live in Spain which is much cheaper, BUT then there are the travelling costs and the time involved and it would mean your son attending a Spanish state school or a private school.

If you live in Gibraltar then it would be simple to get your son into a Gibraltar school which would be free and they teach the English curriculum.

Other costs like food etc are very similar to the UK, you would not need a car in Gibraltar it is very small and the buses are free, although you may like a car so you can explore nearby Spain in your leisure time.

Regards

Grumpy

Thanks for the information. Sounds good