Standard of life in Gibraltar

Hello guys, I am new in this forum and I do apologize if this is already covered in another post, could not find it though.
So I am speaking to a company in Gibraltar for a potential position in the IT sector. Since I do not know what the standard of life there is would you please give me some directions for the below questions:
1.    I see the prices of the flats, I could find that information but do the flats come all equipped or you actually get just walls? Is the price difference big between equipped and just walls?
2.    What is the standard there, how much you need per month to live well providing you have a wife (not supposed to work or might be working after some time) and a child?
3.    What is the range of the salaries in the IT/Telecommunications sector in Gibraltar? Are they in the same range like UK? How much should a “very good salary” be there?
4.    My last question is for schools – our child if 5 years old so she has to start school if we move. She doesn't speak English, are there any kind of international schools there since so many expats live in Gib? How do you guys handle that , I would imagine this well known problem for people with families.

Any help here will be highly appreciated…!

Cheers,

Hi

I will amswer what I can

1) Rented flats are normally furnished and a lot of flats for sale come furnished or at least part furnished.

4) There are a lot of children who start school in Gibraltar unable to speak English, however at 5 years old they soon learn.

Regards

Grumpy

Thanks Grumpy, can you clear the salary range in the IT sector somehow please, or how much I would need to live well?

Cheers,

Sorry I have no idea of IT salaries.

With respect to living well that depends on your definition, but I recon that living costs in Gib once you take accommodation out then they are similar or slightly higher than the UK. But travelling costs are nil so long as you live in Gib and not Spain

Regards

Grumpy

Thanks Grumpy,

Guys anyone else that can give his/her output here will be highly appreciated...

Cheers,

Try having a look on the Indeed website as they often have IT jobs advertised, not sure if the specify salary range though.

Rent is the highest outlay you'll have while in Gib.  However as Grumpy said it is balanced by not having to pay money for commuting.  Additionally utility costs are considerably lower than the UK (for example) as you don't need your heating on!  Childcare is also reasonably priced.  You can save money by doing a monthly shop in Spain and buying from the local markets and smaller shops in Gib rather than the large supermarket there...

All the best and hope you enjoy Gib.