Cornwall to gibraltar

hey all,
does anyone have any knowledge as to claiming working tax credits in gibraltar.
I work as self-employed in the uk but am still on a low income so tax credits top me up, as does housing benefit, I am looking at the possibilities of a move to gib & working my mobile catering trailer over there just as I do here ( but without the freezing cold, wet & scary winds that seem like you are going to be flipped over at any given time ) lol
I would hope that after securing a profitable pitch I could be completely self sufficient & be able to care for my youngest whom would be with me without any help. What are the prospects like for mobile catering trailers there, Is there call for all day breakfasts : )
Also looking into renting, is it all apartments & high rises, no houses ?
Any info guys would be much appreciated, hev x

Hi

I sugest you read a previous post

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=331792

To the best of my knowledge there are no working tax credits in gibraltar or housing benefits.

There are a few houses but prices seem to start around £5,000,000 and go rapidly up

Regards

Grumpy

Thankyou x

Just to confirm in Gib we do get our fair share of windy days and of late it has been wet but the overall weather conditions for the year are warmer and even in January we had some lovely days.   As I advised the other person on here, come and visit Gib first, find out if your business is viable and check out costs and licenses.   I am not sure if I have ever seen a mobile food van here in the year I have been here.   However, rather than think, wow no competition, please realise there are lots of good places to eat and take outs and most people walk to what is close by.   Its not a big place and if you asked where there would be a pitch, I could not answer, parking isn't difficult but its not usually where there are a lot a passing people.   In the past year I have met people who have come here with dreams and so many have gone home because they were ex-pats and the coin didn't fall their way because of that fact.   Its a small Rock with only a limited amount of opportunity.

Warmer its off the coast of Africa man.