Best Banking available in Egypt

Hey Guys

I need a suggestion about opening a bank account here in Egypt, Currently I have a $ account opened in Banque Misr but honestly it sucks big time, no features no online banking and when ever I do wire transfere money is always lost in the middle and take 7 days to get 2-3 days job done.

What I'm looking for is as follow

1. I need to open a USD account
2. I need online banking with complete interface for online Wire Transfer
3. Track of money online

I'm basically evaluating these 3 bank

A. HSBC as first choice
B. barclays Second Choice
C. CitiBank Third Choice

Let me know if you know any good banking here keep that in mind that I have frequent cash flow weekly sending and receiving payment up-to 5000$

Please tell me what bank should I choose for my banking. I would really appreciate all your suggestions in this regard

Open accounts to all banks in Egypt, and after a period, just compare by yourself! Tell us the result!
Sorry, I don t want to be rude, but WHO HAS 5000 $ " cash flow" weekly, sure has a bank adviser, doesn t ask in a forum giving amount details.

i think the best CIB is the best in online banking

I agree, CIB & HSBC are the best in Egypt, also if you have to travel abroad they can be help you.

Regards, Mina

Also, its my understanding that with HSBC you can now or soon be able to merge your accounts- abroud and here.

HSBC is a leading global banker offering multiple personalised banking services,you can give them a call inquire on some professional services!

Well the three banks have a good reputation here in Egypt but, i'd go with HSBC.

alimirza,

I am using HSBC now over 4 years here in Egypt, and yes the wire transfer does take always 3-7 days no matter what you do. A little advise how I am doing it; I give the wire transfer order on Wednesdays or Sundays, Wednesday order will arrive on Monday and Sundays order will arrive on Thursday maximum usually. This is how I am doing it with my own wire transfer to my bank in Turkey which is not HSBC. Maybe using HSBC over there will give me 1 day earlier I am not sure but I am ok with how it works now.

TurkeyForever wrote:

alimirza,

I am using HSBC now over 4 years here in Egypt, and yes the wire transfer does take always 3-7 days no matter what you do. A little advise how I am doing it; I give the wire transfer order on Wednesdays or Sundays, Wednesday order will arrive on Monday and Sundays order will arrive on Thursday maximum usually. This is how I am doing it with my own wire transfer to my bank in Turkey which is not HSBC. Maybe using HSBC over there will give me 1 day earlier I am not sure but I am ok with how it works now.

I also use HSBC and have found them to be about the best for my needs and the services are sufficient and yes it depends on and is directly related to the transaction start date and does take from three to seven days.

Great advice from all! And building on info already provided - my bit below (info recently acquired when I was on a similar quest):

HSBC offers a feature called 'Cross Border account'. (I believe other international banks offer this feature too). Available in all major currencies.

If you hold an account in 1 country (eg. EG :) - you may open an account in another (eg. Home) country. Both the accounts are linked.

You may view information for all your accounts (local + cross-border accounts) online - on one screen. And, you may also make online transfers between accounts - on your own (not sure about fees). No need to visit the branch and stuff.

Account categories --
HSBC Premier account holders (minimum balance of USD 80,000 .. pls reconfirm!) avail the cross-border feature free of charge. You may maintain minimum balance in one country - and operate a Premier account in another. You also get other free features like Airport lounge access :lol:

Demand drafts, credit cards, cheque books, cash withdrawal abroad are free too. Lower charges for other bank services.

HSBC Advantage (minimum balance of LE 150,000) and Personal a/c holders pay USD 200/year for operating the cross border account.

I believe the contact center for more info on Premier a/c is at 2738 1743

Cheers!

PS. Info is untested - as I do not have a cross-border account.

HSBC Premier service wins hands down: if you hold Premier accounts with them in different countries you can link them online and have funds transferred between your own accounts held in same name FOR FREE and REAL TIME i.e. balance updated immediately.

There are qualifying criteria to be met, normally mantaining a minimum balance which in UK is £50K. Last time I checked in Egypt this minimum balance was currency equivalent of US$500K.

So?

i am a banker from 7 years if u need any help dont hesitate to contact me

[email protected]

i agrre HBC is a better bank then the other in egypt cuz its international.