Shipping costs from UK

Hi guys

I'm new here! Recently got a job in Alexandria pretty last minute, and haven't got much time to get organised before I leave...

I was hoping someone could help me regarding shipping personal effects from the UK? I don''t need mounds of stuff, but life will be comfier with a few boxes of paraphernalia from home.

I'm currently awaiting a couple of companies getting back to me, but meanwhile, I need to pack!!

Could anyone tell me roughly how many 1 metre squared boxes I could get door-to-door delivered for under £400 GBP?

Any info gratefully received!

Welcome on board  :cheers:

Have you tried shipping by air?

Hey Primadonna

I haven't actually looked into that yet - I guess I just thought by air would be the most expensive option! Is that how you got your stuff over? If so, how many boxes did you send for what cost?

Thanks for the suggestion, and the welcome :-)
AlexAdventuress

AlexAdventuress wrote:

Hey Primadonna

I haven't actually looked into that yet - I guess I just thought by air would be the most expensive option! Is that how you got your stuff over? If so, how many boxes did you send for what cost?

Thanks for the suggestion, and the welcome :-)
AlexAdventuress

I had the whole household content shipped by sea in a 20 ft container and still space left.
You are talking about one meter boxes, so I guess it should not be very expensive.