Stuck in Taipei! Flying to HCM but need to get to PP, Cambodia. Help?!

I need some advise on getting across the Vietnam boarder and into Cambodia. My fiance and I are stuck in Taipei because we (literally) just found out our dog cannot be on our flight to PP. He was able to be checked in JFK to Taipei but EVA air failed to tell me when we left on Sunday (or any of the 6 times I called customer service) that my dog is unable to fly EVA air our of Taipei. But they did happily take my money and now my dog is not able to leave the baggage area in Taipei and I am not able to see him. Needless to say I'm miserable and I don't even want to think about what he's going through... But we're catching a flight from Taipei to Ho Chi Minh City and staying there... However, we have an apartment and job interviews waiting for us in PP!

So how can I get from HCM to PP, I don't have a Visa, and I will be traveling with a small dog in a crate. I was thinking a bus? Can anoyne reccommend a bus company that would allow me to have a dog on board? Do they stop so I can get a visa?

Any advise would be life saving...

Thank you!

There are Buses going from D1 directly to PP daily. Estimated travel time +/- 6 hours, departing from about 7 am onward in masses. Costs depending on company and agent USD8.00 +. Visa Costs ...., you all can pay in VND and most Cambodian companies also take USD and other currency. Is an easy journey, with a couple of breaks.
No need for reservation unless you have special requirements. It's worthwhile checking out the buses directly, as some of them might look a bit road unworthy and/or old fashion

One other thing:  Do you have a Visa to get into Vietnam?

Yes! We do! We got emergency visas..... Super expensive but now we can visit Vietnam lol.

.Thank you sooooo much I3ully! This is a big help

demmalition wrote:

Yes! We do! We got emergency visas..... Super expensive but now we can visit Vietnam lol.

You should be fine then.  Getting from HCMC to PP is easy.  Just don't let anybody eat your dog.  :D

Yep, take the bus or pay for a car to take you across.  Visa you get on the border - work visa (also called ordinary visa) costs $25 and is extendable.

Grab a taxi from TSN airport to Pham Ngu Lao, Q.1, HCMC (Pham Ngu Lao street, District 1, HCMC).
Buy ticket from any travel agency to PP (don't forget to tell them that you are carrying your pet), Cambodia. There has buses each 1 hour to PP. Give your Passport and Cambodia visa fee ( $25) to the Conductor boy and relax. They will do it for all foreign passengers to Cambodia  :)
You need to check out from Vietnam border first (Bavet), then pass the Cambodian  border in Bavet  :)
Happy journey!

Cambodia/Kampuchea has no international flight service.

You BUY A TICKET to PP, transiting at Ho Chi Minh (airport name Tan Son Nhut - TSN), then flying to PP.

Airlines arrange transit documentation. Don't sweat it.

You can, through an airline, get a 'visa-free' transit pass that actually lets you sleep in designated hotels - they keep your passport in Immigration but give you a pass.

There is NO NEED for a BUS or TAXI - just buy a ticket to PP and let the airlines do the rest.

This is what TRAVEL AGENTS ARE FOR - never use Expedia, Travelocity - they just want your money.

Thank you all fo the help! I ended up choosing Giant Ibis because they could carry all of our bags, didn't mind the dog, got us across the boarder, handeled the visa stuff, and we got to enjoy the amazing view during the trip. Took almost 6 hours but we made it into PP without any issues and we're loving it!

Thanks again!

Happy to heard that. Good luck and happy stay!

demmalition wrote:

Thank you all fo the help! I ended up choosing Giant Ibis because they could carry all of our bags, didn't mind the dog, got us across the boarder, handeled the visa stuff, and we got to enjoy the amazing view during the trip. Took almost 6 hours but we made it into PP without any issues and we're loving it!
Thanks again!