About Moving and Settle in Dalat (Vietnam)

Hello Everybody

My name is Major Singh and I am from India. My question is : I visit Vietnam recently and i love this country so much and i really want to move to vietnam and settle over there. I just want to know is it possible to buy a small guest house in Dalat and wat is the procedure even though i know i cant be 100% owner of my property as i read about vietnamese law that at least 1 need one local person to buy any kind of property. I have gf from Vietnam so i dont have prob. about that but my question is how much money i need to buy at small guest house and what are the formalities i need to take care of. Your valuable suggestion are really welcome.

I am in Da Lat right now :)
It depends on the location  of guest house, area, facilities and number of rooms of  the same.
Better you should ask your girl friend to send you the list of real estate websites in Da Lat area and check market value.

Hi

What kind of work you do in Ho Chi Minh City actually i want to settle in ho chi minh but its expensive life style over there !! So am seeking your help coz ur already living in Vietnam as Expat and you may have lots of experience about life in Vietnam. I will be really thankful to you if you help me out in this matter. thanks n take care

Hi,

Da Lat is just good for being there in short terms.

Regards.

hi Dejavu

can u suggest me any cheap accomodation in ho chi minh city so that i buy and start working my own small business there. One thing more is it possible to do my own business there !!

Hi,

What business do you want to start?

Renting a house is not bad at all. You have to see if that area is suitable for your business or not before setting up there. I am not a real estate agent. I just have some knowledge about doing business so I have limited ability for your request.

Regards

hi

i actually have confusion about it coz i see in my travel time that people loves street food, beer and coffee. Other option is hotels or guest house i just want a business from these options.
if u have some information or ideas about it pls share it with me.

thanks

How much can you spend for doing business here?

Remember you have to make sure that you will be survived after opening 3 months without customers if you want to open diners. Hotels are also good but it can require much money for monthly renting and decorating everything.

yes thats why am trying to keep everything in my mind coz if i invest i need to patience for few months and need some money as backup.Cant open coffee shop becoz its really competition over there about coffee shops and people like good coffee in less money. Only one thing in my mind is guest house so that we buy that and earn from that !! thanks for your help if i need some more information from you hope u dont mind about that !!

:) I don't like opening coffeeshop. I don't like opening a guest cos I dont like my house become dirty. It is not a good business if you don't allow young people to rent 1 or 2 hours.
Yes. Anytime you have an idea you can contact charma or me. He is a good lawyer.

one more thing mate can u give me some information about cheap guest house or rent house if u know some pls share link with me i wannna do my full study about that b4 i come to vietnam and start business thanks a lot n keep in touch

In Dalat, for a land for guest house that is 1 km from downtown centre, you will be looking at anything between 200.000 USD to 400.000 USD depending on factors such as quality of constructions, years of constructions, most importantly location of the land.

Kristina Giang
Owner/Director
Anada Community ( Real estate developer)

majorkalsi wrote:

i know i cant be 100% owner of my property as i read about vietnamese law that at least 1 need one local person to buy any kind of property. I have gf from Vietnam so i dont have prob.

Okay. Just keep in mind the old adage that a fool and his money are soon parted.

Good luck!

I have done considerable research on this subject in Da Lat. I would certainly suggest you rent asuitable place first. In my opinion there is an over capacity of bed space here in DL. It is indeed a lovely place to live. The weather is there is little sekection for food. I ran across a fairly large hotl for rent here for $900 usd a month, 18m VND. I think it is still available. Good luck in your search.

Da Lat prices are high, any tourist centre is high.

Cheap accommodation in HCM can be found in the PHAM NGU LAO backpacker slum area.

Sounds like you haven't done too much investigating - you will need to register a company (company address must be different from accommodation address) - and you need a VN partner (sleeper). Then you need a Residence Permit. And money.

HCM is the easiest place in VN to start a company. Later, you transfer it to another province.

Yeah, Da Lat is a very nice place for retirement if you have lot of money. I am still searching for a suitable place for accommodation. Rent is too high, plus the landlords  are asking for 3-6 months advance payment!
Can rent a kiosk/shop easily but house / apartment not cheap like they post ads  :)
Within 2 kilometer radius of Da Lat  Market (Cho Moi Da Lat), it's very difficult to get an accommodation rental. Yeah, there are lot of hotels and guest houses with cheap rates.(100.000 VND up)