Volunteer works for expat spouses

Many spouses of expatriates in many countries are not allowed to have paid jobs in the host countries due to their visa status or regulations. However, many of these people possess an invaluable professional qualification and experiences. As a result, it will be a loss both for the host country and the planet at large to keep such people idle for quite a long time.

In this regard, I and my colleagues are organizing voluntary assignments at various governmental and nongovernmental organizations for spouses of expats based on their qualifications and experience.

If you are interested let us know.

Contact us at: [email protected]

Hi Suave,
You should also post this in the Ethiopian Classifieds -> Jobs > NGO.
Cheers
Arlette

Thanks Arlette.I will.
Regards.

Hi Sauve,

I think some of spouses (specially diplomat spouse) are not allowed to even get an unpaid job and that is really disappointing, do you have information about this?

Hi Sousoudodi,
Yeah, spouces of diplomats can not be engaged in paid or unpaid jobs. However, they can be involved in voluntary services in various projects of social benefits.

Suave

Ok great, may be we can arrange something when we arrive addis

suave wrote:

Many spouses of expatriates in many countries are not allowed to have paid jobs in the host countries due to their visa status or regulations. However, many of these people possess an invaluable professional qualification and experiences. As a result, it will be a loss both for the host country and the planet at large to keep such people idle for quite a long time.

In this regard, I and my colleagues are organizing voluntary assignments at various governmental and nongovernmental organizations for spouses of expats based on their qualifications and experience.

Hi Suave,

Are you still organizing voluntary assignments for spouses of ex-pats?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Suave:
Your idea is really good.but,it is helpful if you first consult the appropriate legislation about placement of expatriates in a host country,before embarking on registration.

Asres(Math Tutor)

Asres wrote:

Hi Suave:
Your idea is really good.but,it is helpful if you first consult the appropriate legislation about placement of expatriates in a host country,before embarking on registration.

Asres(Math Tutor)

Hi Asres,

I don't think that Suave is 'embarking on registration.' I think he is just offering information.

All I want to know is if the information is still current. This thread is quite old, so I wanted to know if this is still the case.:)

HI
             How are you!!
Many spouses of expatriates in many countries are not allowed to have paid jobs in the host countries due to their visa status or regulations. However, many of these people possess an invaluable professional qualification and experiences. and i want to participate with you more and  more!!please help me in details.

In this regard, I and my colleagues are organizing voluntary assignments at various governmental and non governmental organizations for spouses of expats based on their qualifications and experience.

@Tesfaye Dula-??? you copied Suave message..

@Tesfaye Dula .... what r u doing and what is ur plan ????

The Ethiopian Education Foundation (EEF) supports young people from poor families (or with no family) who are academically gifted to remain in school through secondary school and pre-college. About 70 of the kids live in a hostel in Mari area of Addis where they have time and space to study. We are always looking for volunteers to support these kids to develop in to well rounded adults with top class education to be future leaders for Ethiopia.

If anyone has an interest in volunteering time here please contact [email protected]
We could use:
English teachers/tutors
Counsellor/ 1-2-1 support
Activity leaders - sports, cooking, arts, etc
Gardeners
handy people

Dear all,

Also we would like to hear from you If you have a competence in report writing, Survey designs, and knowledge in PCI and M and E we would like to hear from you and may be work as 'volunteers'. Currently, this country is facing a problem of rapid brain drain. If you go to many countries in Asia and Africa you will find manY Ethiopian expatriates. These is creating a big gap here and the only solution will be to bring in more expats to the country. To use the available resource is more useful and If their is an interest and competence in this areas we will welcome it and inbox me for more clarification.

Closed