Addis Ababa University

Hello,

Can anybody tell me abt Addis Ababa University I have got a job in ethiopia as Human Resource Lecturer

Regards
Uma

Hi Uma! Welcome on Expat-blog! :) I have created a new discussion from your post.

Good luck
Christine

Addis ababa university is the first university in ethiopia established by Empero haile silassie. It has different faculties. The main branch is at 6kilo.
what do u want to know ?

i work at AAU as expat lecturer since September, you can send me a message to ask particular questions

I live in Addis and I know the city and expat community and their challenges. If u need any help in a particular area, let me know. Addis Ababa University is at the heart of the city, a bit to North.

The above messages about Addis Ababa University are quite crude for Uma to understand. Addis Ababa University has 24 institutions and 104 Departments in it. It is quite large and the number of regular students has reached about 40000. The Human Resources Department you asked is a newer one and is building its capacity.  You are provided with accommodation that you may pay a modest amount of rentals. May be the Human Resources Department is located in the Development Studies Institute that is in the Old Emperor's palace. It is a nice campus. If you may need any info you can post.