New member Keith Lewis

Hello, I would like to become a member of the Thai Expat community. I am currently on a 90 day visa from A ustralia and living in Lopburi with a lovely THAI lady. I will be renting her sisters house which is being build . I will be applying for a Retirement visa and intend to stay in Thailand, but not Lopbury which does not have much to offer.IT has the largest AIRFORCE base in Thailand,but not much else. No taxis or Tuktuks and that's why I bought a new Honda City yesterday.  Very few expats live here and I will be traveling around to find somewhere else to live. I rather like NongKhai where my lady was born. I am 77 years old, twice divorced . Have 2 daughters, 3 Grandsons,and 2 brothers, all living in Australia. I am an ex banker and real estate agent.hope to be meeting up with some interesting expats in the future. Anyone for chess? See you later and have a nice day.

Goodcompanion wrote:

Hello, I would like to become a member of the Thai Expat community. I am currently on a 90 day visa from A ustralia and living in Lopburi with a lovely THAI lady. I will be renting her sisters house which is being build . I will be applying for a Retirement visa and intend to stay in Thailand, but not Lopbury which does not have much to offer.IT has the largest AIRFORCE base in Thailand,but not much else. No taxis or Tuktuks and that's why I bought a new Honda City yesterday.  Very few expats live here and I will be traveling around to find somewhere else to live. I rather like NongKhai where my lady was born. I am 77 years old, twice divorced . Have 2 daughters, 3 Grandsons,and 2 brothers, all living in Australia. I am an ex banker and real estate agent.hope to be meeting up with some interesting expats in the future. Anyone for chess? See you later and have a nice day.

Hi and welcome to Expat.com.
Lopburi is a little lacking in most things especially expats. I myself like Nong Khai. Seems to be plenty of real estate for sale there.  Udon Thani is okay too.

Welcome aboard.

I am North West of you near Phitsanulok. Nice and rural, quiet, but enjoyable lifestyle.

Didn't know about the airforce base, but isn't Lopburi famous for its monkeys?

One thought on finding a place, take your time and travel around a bit. Thailand is very diverse with different areas providing a variety of cultural offerings. Personally I have lived in Prachuap but prefer the mountains up here.

Hope you find a good area to settle and have a fruitful life here(its never dull).