Renew tourism visa to be type (O) in thailand

I was held in Bangkok since 20 days. And I want to know how to renew the visa? My visa (tourism) and will expire in 25/7. But I'm married to a Thai lady from last year and I have a marriage certificate from Egypt, documented and approved by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Thai embassy in English. I know he could have been the work of this type of visa there at egypt before i come But there was not advised of any embassy staff in Egypt.... anyway I want to know what are the steps and places to renew the visa on the basis of a formal marriage certificate or just renewal for more time??
thanks for the cooperation, advice and help if anyone can., greeting :)
khaled nour

koko expat wrote:

I was held in Bangkok since 20 days. And I want to know how to renew the visa? My visa (tourism) and will expire in 25/7. But I'm married to a Thai lady from last year and I have a marriage certificate from Egypt, documented and approved by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Thai embassy in English. I know he could have been the work of this type of visa there at egypt before i come But there was not advised of any embassy staff in Egypt.... anyway I want to know what are the steps and places to renew the visa on the basis of a formal marriage certificate or just renewal for more time??
thanks for the cooperation, advice and help if anyone can., greeting :)
khaled nour

You can't renew a tourist visa or any other sort of visa within Thailand. You could apply for a single entry type O visa based on your marriage to a Thai in a nearby ASEAN country.

However if you plan to stay here you could also apply for a marriage extension(1 year) at your local immigration post, subject to you meeting the relevan criteria. You can do this while your tourist visa is valid. Equally you could get a type O as I mentioned, in Laos for example, and extend that in the same way.

Welcome to LOS, As I suggested, before you arrived, here is my humble opinion again:
Travel to a neighboring country, Get either a Non-immigrant "O" single or multiple entry visa based on your marriage from Thai consulate/Embassy. Multiple entry allow you to to stay 90 days/entry OR single entry visa can be extended on yearly basis (as I explained you in another thread, conditions apply).

Dear Koko,

It is possible to change your valid tourist visa into a non O 'marriage visa' immigrant in Thailand however there are specific requirements.
1st step, apply for a 90 days non O 'marriage' visa first,  second step is to renew this one into a 1 year non O 'marriage' immigrant visa.
We are an office who can assist you in this process, if you are interested pls. send us a message.

Donald

donald christiaan wrote:

Dear Koko,

It is possible to change your valid tourist visa into a non O 'marriage visa' immigrant in Thailand however there are specific requirements.
1st step, apply for a 90 days non O 'marriage' visa first,  second step is to renew this one into a 1 year non O 'marriage' immigrant visa.
We are an office who can assist you in this process, if you are interested pls. send us a message.

Donald

You can apply for an extension of stay (NOT A VISA)based on marriage using a tourist visa, no need to exit Thailand or purchase another visa. All can be processed at OP's local Thai Immigration post.

[Moderated: avoid free ad on the Forum]

Hi Khaled

This is what you can do here and now: Go to Immigration and ask for "Visit family" visa and you will get a 2 month extension. This will solve your problem here and now if you have Marriage paper correctly - they might ask for proper written translation/registration in Thailand by either your embassy or other authority.

Yes, you need to get an O-visa and you DON'T need to leave the country as (some) others are saying. As long as you have minimum 15 days left in your allowed stay you can apply for this (I did that TODAY, not kidding you - took 1,5 waiting in que and 5 minutes to process and I get it back in 15 days) but to get this you need to also have various papers ready both marriage paper, pictures of you and your wife in your home, at least 2 neighbors with their pictures confirming you live with her (including a form from Immigration), both neighbor and your wife need to show family book and on top of this you need to show you have 400,000 baht on a bank account for minimum 2 month in Thailand. Your bankbook must be updated/dated together with a letter from the bank SAME day you apply for the visa. Lucky In Chang Wattana there are many banks on the floor just below Immigration that are open 8:30 in the morning - it does not need to be your branch issuing this).

Its a bit of a hassle, but once it's done you get 3 month visa that you can extend for a year.

If in doubt do pay a visa agent for their help - this can save you (many) trips to Immigration (no I'm not one..!).

Hope this help.

Claus