Thai Student Visa

Guys,

I am wondering if there is possibilities to work in Thailand with Student visa, i am going to apply for the student visa and besides my classes i want to work and earn as much as i can while in Thailand.

Thank you for sharing your idea

if you want to work in bangkok, even just volunteer work you MUST have a working visa/permit. no exceptions.

hmd63 wrote:

Guys,

I am wondering if there is possibilities to work in Thailand with Student visa, i am going to apply for the student visa and besides my classes i want to work and earn as much as i can while in Thailand.

Thank you for sharing your idea

Unfortunately you cannot legally work on an ED Visa(student visa). As previous answer says you need a work permit and these cannot be issued with this class of visa.

Thank you, got it

samrei wrote:

I can also offer u student visa cheaper than any other places too :) 0923540502

So are these visas legal or not ???
And exactly how to you, as an Iranian get them ???

I am asking as there are people offering the same sort of deal on various sorts of visas and then the visa holder gets in trouble because the visa has been obtained illegally.

For Stumpy:

ED-Visa / ED-Visa Ext. is 100% legal, as long as you use a "real" school, try to stay away from Visa mills.
No school can promise 100% you get the Visa, it is up to M.O.E and later Immigration.
Some new rules from Jan 2014 get it harder for people to get ED-Visa IF to many Tourist Visa and so on.
They start asking for prove of income to see if you can support you self here, and more, As it be to easy to get this over the years.

But as long as you do what in the rules about it, and meet the requirements you good.
If M.O.E say okay, you be good for up to 1 year, after that year, your school have to get okay from M.O.E once again.
And if all the paper work is okay and more, you get 1 year more. and so on.
So Immigration / course from school give 90 days, where you extension for 90 days, use paper work from school / M.O.E, some Immigration give 12 month. (I try both from same Immigration office)

Go to school for the 180/200 hours, as if it is correct you need 70-90% attendance up to area you immigration is.
Some Immigration check you language skill by speaking to you in Thai when you come to Immigration.
Some Immigration come to you school and check if you come or not, i know that Nonthaburi Immigration do this. A lot !!!

After 1 year, when try to get allowed to one more year, some student get random pick out for a test at M.O.E office, where they check you skill lvl.

DonŽt be afraid about the test (i know we all are) it is very basic that everyone can do, IF you go to school, and IF the school you chose teach you.

Go to the school you think about join, and get the free 1-2-4 hours there, so you can get a little feeling about how it is done. And if it is for you.

DonŽt trust what you read from other "Farang" on the internet, some might have a big interest in "pushing" you to that school. Many flat out lie about it.

All ways go you self to the Immigration office to be sure every thing is 100%, it is super easy to do (many school fill out all the paper work and form for Immigration), so you only have to sign the paper after reading it, go to immigration office and that it.

Remember to do 90 days Addressee report all so (Very easy to do all so), i know a few that "forget" it, because they got 12 month, and was think that it for 1 year, it is NOT.

stumpy wrote:
samrei wrote:

I can also offer u student visa cheaper than any other places too :) 0923540502

So are these visas legal or not ???
And exactly how to you, as an Iranian get them ???

I am asking as there are people offering the same sort of deal on various sorts of visas and then the visa holder gets in trouble because the visa has been obtained illegally.

Looks like he has done a runner! ;-)
Might give the number a ring though!
I love it when folk delete posts but it doesn't remove quotes.

its legally cuz our school is real school :) and we authorized by MOE

I dont know why he deleted me :) what I said is real :) if you dont believe I will show u my work permit with ED visa from Thai government school, he shouldnt delete or ban someone without warning if someone does something against this website rules you have to send them message and ask :) by the way :) thanks :)

samrei wrote:

its legally cuz our school is real school :) and we authorized by MOE

You, as an individual, were offering the visas, not the school.

Your school may well be real and authorized by MOE,  but you were offering cheap visas which sounds suspect.

samrei wrote:

I dont know why he deleted me :) what I said is real :) if you dont believe I will show u my work permit with ED visa from Thai government school, he shouldnt delete or ban someone without warning if someone does something against this website rules you have to send them message and ask :) by the way :) thanks :)

Read the forum rules.

It is not cheap just we have 6 months 90 hours 14000 Baht the full package is 180 which is 24000 Baht :)

For new student, Remember that 24.000 for 180 (200) / 1 year. it so NOT (i think) the total price for 1 year Ed-Visa.
That only for the paper work to M.O.E and school fee. I am pretty sure this school is like the others, where you have to pay Immigration 4 X 1.900 for 90 days ED-Visa Ext. so the correct price for 1 year is 24.000 + 4 X 1.900 = 31.600 baht.
And if you get 1 year at Immigration total price be 24.000 + 1.900 = 25.900 baht.

All so remember to add in, you MIGHT have to leave Thailand to get you "start" ED-Visa. so that more money again.

yes, you are right I just said the price that they have to pay to school :) every extension is 1900 baht :) some countries should go back to their country to get visa also :)

Hi I'm looking to do an education visa I've seen  a few around 18000 baht then I saw one for 12500 baht but not sure if genuine what's  your price and do you have to actually attend every lesson ????? You know what I mean  hope you can help .

Hey Everyon.

Not sure what you after.  a easy way to stay here long time and no need for go to school or stay here long time and learn the language (or other things) ?

DonŽt get fix on the price tag for it, Go and see for you self, do you like the school, do you like the teacher, do you like the way they teach. I do think every school have free lesson for you to try it out.

I do think many school here have big problem about "good" teacher for language school.
Some have problem about get paper work ready from M.O.E every 90 days.
So i think it is important for you to go you self and check it out.

Only remember that Immigration all over Thailand is starting to check language school / student more and more.
So if YOU donŽt learn thai, and Immigration ask you in Thai when you do you 90 days extension , you "might" get you reason to stay cancel on the spot.

Some student get pick out for random test 1 a year at M.O.E office, and again, if one donŽt pass the test, you reason to stay get cancel..

I be testing a few times my self from Immigration office, both at school where they come and check if we come the day in our paper work. And at the Immigration office.
It is really not a big, hard test, and i do think 99% can do it, IF they go to school, and have a reasonable teacher.

Only a Information for you mate.

Kindly.