OLA International - Education Visa

Hi all,

Have any of you dealt with this company?

I applied for the Ed Visa and made full payment in late January, we're now moving towards April and I still haven't received the Ed Visa??!

Has anyone applied for the Ed Visa through OLA?

Dean, Bangkok

I have no information on company you mention but you should have investigated before committing funds and time.  The fact they have not delivered promised visa would have me concerned.  I suggest you check the following teacher site (www.ajarn.com) and post your question on their forum.

Yeah you're right, should have looked into it a lot more before going with them.

I'd stay way clear of OLA for anyone looking to go the Ed Visa route ..many other visa companies offering far more efficient services of the like.

Yes, I think I met you in the immigration on Monday, it was awful!  Let me know if I did meet you and what you are doing with OLA now?  Cheers

WELCOME TO THE CLUB.   Say goodbye to your money.   You won't have the papers and you wont have your money back.   We were all victims here.   Mr. Phongsin Sinpibran  is a dummy person.. He doesn't exist.

Hi

I and a few friends have used Ola, and found them to be very good, so I am surprised to hear these comments.

I got a year Ed visa through them, and about to re-do my next Ed visa through them again, as my year Ed visa is about to expire!(And I have paid them - again!!)

Go to the office and see them, they will help you!

hi, i'm new here, spanish male, and my english is no very good. I need an ED visa, i ask Blueseed if you could send me information about your experiencie with OLA and how could i contact with them. I can't go to Bangkok by the moment. If somebody more wants to help me i would be very happy. Thank you.

Hi

Once to submit all the paper work they need to them, they send off your papers to a government department which can take up to 6 weeks, once they get them back, Ola informed me, and I did a visa run to Loas, as cannot get the stamp while in the country. Once you are back in the country you can then get the ED visa stamp which last 3 months, then you have to report back to Immigration and you do this process 3 times where you don't have to leave the country. I am now appling for a one year stamp where you don't have to get a ED stamp every 3 months, but still have to report to Immigration to confirm your address. The phone number is 089 2680452, the address can be found on the internet, or ask them for it. I found them to be very helpful. There is a very small amount of staff working there and they are VERY busy. They supply teachers around Thailand as well.   I hope this helps.

Unfortunately, it happens to most of the schools here, it's why I say please check how long they are working and has experience. some schools are cheaper than them, but don't support you as well. I have never had such problem in the school I work!

did u get your visa yet?

Getting back to my last post:- Ola did not renue my 1 year Ed visa, they refered me to another company which said they could get the 1 years stamp. Well it turns out they did not, and not only that I have to report across the river to a tiny Immigration office which is costly to get to, and transport back is a nightmare as hardly ANY taxis as soo far into farm lands.

Then 7 days ago we are told we need fingerprints done at Siam Police Station HQ, which takes about 3-4 weeks to process, and in the mean while I have heard of 3 Ed visa being cancelled as the students did not have their fingerprints back yet, even though showing the reciept of having gone to the police station to get them.

I still have to report at Chaeng Watthana so now I have to go to 2 different immigration departments.   :-(

So choose wisely before signing up with any school that promises to get you a 1 year visa, because I am now very sceptical about whether it can be done, and also see if you can get your 90 accommodation reporting done at the same place too otherwise you will be doing 2 trips like me which is a huge waste of taxi fares and personal time. Make sure the school you are signing up with is in the Chaeng Watthana reporting area if that is where you have to report to now for your 90 days accommodation reporting.

So I await my outcome early next month, as will not have fingerprints back by the time I have to report!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Good luck to all those dealing with OLA! I do however sincerely hope you'll do thorough research before going with them .. the negative and frustrated comments and feedback from so many I've spoken to far outweigh the few content (so far) one's ..