What is a minimum family expenses plus school expenses in Muscat

Hi All,
I got offer from muscat of OR 850 + Family accommodation + Medical insurance.
I am leaving with simple style in mumbai. Transport is not cover by company.
Can u a tell me how can i save.

Thanks
9sher

Hi Nausher Sayeed,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Have you try to check out other topics on the Muscat forum? You might find some info as well.

Hi,
Thanks for reply, i have checked the forum, cannot get actual picture.
i have 2 year baby, so i want to know the school fees etc..

Nausher Sayeed wrote:

Hi All,
I got offer from muscat of OR 850 + Family accommodation + Medical insurance.
I am leaving with simple style in mumbai. Transport is not cover by company.
Can u a tell me how can i save.

Thanks
9sher

Dear Nausher,
OMR 850 plus family accomodation (Assuming with gas/water and electricity bills) is a considerable salary, provided if it matches with the current market of whatever your profession and experience is.

Assuming your family as 3 persons (Yourself, wife and a 2 year old baby), your monthly expenses for grocery and others should not exceed more than 250. Saving potential will be good.

I can't really advise you on child's education as I have no idea about the fee structure of Indian School. However, in case  of an international school, the average monthly fees for Pre-KG / KG is around OMR 150 - 200. But Indian Schools are way more cheaper than that.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, i am posting as Sr Software Engineer. Can you tell me what is a good salary for them in muscat.
I also want to know how much expense for transport.

Thanks
9Sher

Nausher Sayeed wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, i am posting as Sr Software Engineer. Can you tell me what is a good salary for them in muscat.
I also want to know how much expense for transport.

Thanks
9Sher

The salary scale depends on the volume of the organization as well. In a well reputed big firm, a Sr. S/W Engineer's salary package is around OMR 1.7K to 2.0K (Depending upon experience - Inclusive all facilities). However, I see your package, almost near to the above figure (As a 2 BR apartment costs around OMR 400 a month + additional cost for the bills would be paid by your firm).

Transportation is a major concern. Untill you get the visa, you can take out OMR 50 - 60 for monthly transportation.