Hello

Hi There, Im from Sri Lanka. Im searching information to make my next move to Singapore. At present Im looking for a job in Accounts fields. I would be grateful if anyone can help me to get more details/leads about Singapore job market. I have no job offers yet. But Im planning to visit Singapore to search for a job. Not sure its a good idea ....Can someone please let me know...

I like Movies, Music, Jogging

Thanks/Tharanga

Hi Tharanga,

Welcome to Expa-Blog, and good luck in your job search!
Finding work in Singapore isn't easy, especially in a crowded field like accounting.
In addition to answering job ads, you should also contact suitable companies in your field proactively. And if you have any connections (friends, ex-colleagues, friends of friends, etc.) make full use of them as well, since networking is the key to success here.
Making a trip is the perfect method, because you'll hardly ever be invited for an interview if you're not already in Singapore. Make sure you mention the dates of your trip in all applications! Also, plan the trip as long as possible (one month is not enough!).
One more hint: Since companies can (by law) only employ foreigners if there are no similarly skilled locals ready to be hired, you should in your CV and applications focus on your niche skills and experiences that Singaporeans won't have.