Moving to Singapore

Hi! I live in Argentina, and I was considering moving to Singapore. I was thinking to get a job and rent a place. I don't really care about the size of the place, just a small one is fine for me, but I want to know if even thus it's expensive or I if can do ok with an average job.

I'm a professor of economics at a private university, so I was looking a job like that. I know there's a tough competition in the education system, so I don't know if I could get a job or how can I get into. I'd love to teach in Singapore, and I'm willing to do anything related if I need to.

I was hoping anyone could tell me from the experience or knowledge.

Thank you!

Secure a job first, as you need one to be able to live in Singapore. Its actually illegal to arrive in the country and tout for jobs. Rule of thumb, never break a Singaporean law or rule, 'cos the penalities are harsh, including being blacklisted and banned from re-entering.

Thanks for the warning. Yes, that's the plan indeed, get a job before moving.

Gravitas wrote:

Its actually illegal to arrive in the country and tout for jobs. Rule of thumb, never break a Singaporean law or rule, 'cos the penalities are harsh, including being blacklisted and banned from re-entering.

Correction: It is allowed (on any visa) to look for jobs and attend interviews in Singapore - you just cannot start work without the proper employment visa (which your employer will apply for).
But Gravitas is right that it is wise to follow all rules in Singapore!

Thank you! Do you know if it's hard to get a job for a university professor? Or even a teacher. I know the education system is elite, and that teachers are really valorated. Sadly in my country neither of that happens.

Sorry, I don't know the meaning of "valorated".
Lecturers are hired by the respective universities. You need a recognized Ph.D. and very good academic track record.
Teachers are hired by MoE for all public schools. You need a recognized educational degree, fluent English and applicable experience - and locals are preferentially hired.