Job offer of 12000 rm per month

Hi,
I got an IT consultant job offer of 12000 rm per month including tax in Kualalampur and my experience level is 5years.Could anyone suggest how much I can save with this salary.I am single and my current Indian salary is around 1200000 INR in my home location kolkata, India  and I can manage to save around 850000 INR /year.Please let me know the possible cost of living with a 1Bedroom flat near a railway station for a single person in KL.Also please let me know if EPF contribution is mandatory and involves any tax benefit there and my possible tax deduction with this salary level after staying for more than 182 days.
I saw in this forum that Taman Connaught behind Giant hypermart is a peaceful residential area near a railway station.So any other suggestion regarding any calm & quite place which is safe yet nearest to the city center.
Is there any possibility of getting Indian restaurants there and in that case what is the average change of a single meal.
Kindly help me with this information and oblige.

Regards,
Amit

Hi Amit, this is a really good package for a person with 5 years of experience. Since you are single, you will be able to lead a good life in KL.

Where is your office located? Maybe you could stay close to your office and avoid the train completely. But if it's in an expensive area, then you should look at which train station is closest to you and look for a condo along that train lines. There are quite a few train lines in KL btw.

It's difficult to figure out cost of living, but look at my previous posts on costs. The big ones are obviously accomodation and tax. Accomodation can go from 1500-3000. Again, if you provide your office location, better suggestions on locations where you can stay with better rent estimates can be made. Taxes would be approx 1500-1800 RM after the 182-day period.

Just bear in mind that almost all rent contracts are for one year. So find the location that is most convienient for the first year and change the next year. By the second year, you will be more accustomed to KL and will know the best place to live for you.

EPF is not compulsory for expats. But it does provide some tax relief. Don't ask how much :-) This should be a discussion with your HR. Policies differ from company to company.

Brickfields (also known as Little India) is an area where there are plenty of South Indian and Punjabi restaurants. However, I wouldn't advise staying in Brickfields but in KL Sentral, which is where many Indians tend to stay and it's 5 mins drive to Brickfields. KL Sentral is also a commercial hub and it's a hub train station. Rents are higher here but it's a worthy price to pay for cheap Indian food, expat Indian community and access to train network.

Hello Amit,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

A new topic has been created with your post on the Kuala Lumpur forum.

------------------------------------------------

Hi carlyle1979 > thank you very much for your contribution ;)

Dear Frnds,
                     if any opening Regarding construction-as a Electrical site engineer-electrical projects in malaysia kindly inform me

Hi siddbas > this is an old topic. You should create your cv in the Kuala Lumpur jobs section. Thank you.

THANK YOU cHRIS

hi.. WOW.. that's a nice offer.. is there anyway you can refer me to your company.

Same here.. almost coming on the same salary. Have you already reached?

not yet.. when you going to KL anyway?

I will mostly be shifting next week..

hey refer me if there is available?

Moderated by Christine 7 years ago
Reason : off topic + please post an ad in the job section
Moderated by Christine 7 years ago
Reason : promoting your services on the forum is not allowed.

Very good Salary. Depends on how you like to live. But a normal life will cost you 3K. To rent a master room in a good location & pay for your public transportation & eating properly. So you can easily save 9K :)