Is English Teaching in Bucharest still a big industry?

I've been offered an English teaching job at a certain language school in Bucharest, and I'm set to arrive in Bucharest in September. However I'm a bit concerned about the current economic crisis in Europe.

I have heard of expats (Eng. Teachers) in Hungary having to go back home due to declining work opportunities.

How is Bucharest faring in the ESL industry at the moment? I dont want to have to travel all the way to Romania only to be sent home a few months later.

Should I be concerned?

Hi,I used to be an art teacher here a few years ago,I can tell you for sure that if you are coming to a private school,it will be different comparing with the government's schools,so i don't think you will be sent home in a few months.Besides,you can ask them directly for how long do they make the working contract with you? All the best,claudia.

If it is a private school that hired you, you shouldn't be concerned... Rich people...weren't that much affected by the economic crisis... :) If it;s a state school though, You may consider think it over... :)

Good luck!

I don't think you should worry, in case you are a good teacher. Should you work in a language center, the things will go great. Remember to a ask a good salary at your negotiations.