What type of visa will you apply when marrying a Romanian citizen?

Hello, I'm from the Philippines and I'm engaged to a Romanian guy and we plan to get married in Romania. What kind of visa should I apply for? Is it short-term visa or long-term visa? From what I read from their website, you can only apply for long-stay visa for the purpose of "FAMILY REUNIFICATION"...but since we are not married yet. What first step we should take? If i ever get a short-term visa and get married to him there, should i go back to my country again and apply for a long-term one or I can do that in his country? Please I would appreciate all the help we can get cuz we are so new to this stuff! :)

cheskafrencis wrote:

Hello, I'm from the Philippines and I'm engaged to a Romanian guy and we plan to get married in Romania. What kind of visa should I apply for? Is it short-term visa or long-term visa? From what I read from their website, you can only apply for long-stay visa for the purpose of "FAMILY REUNIFICATION"...but since we are not married yet. What first step we should take? If i ever get a short-term visa and get married to him there, should i go back to my country again and apply for a long-term one or I can do that in his country? Please I would appreciate all the help we can get cuz we are so new to this stuff! :)

Hi, I believe I've read about your situation from Marian?  If not, I apologize.

In any case, I've replied to him today about this exact situation, so I'll refer you to that response on another topic thread, which you'll find useful  :)

Romaniac
Romania Expat Advisor
Expat-Blog

Hello there,

I just would like to say something about your post because I was in your situation before. You need to apply for short-term visa at the Romanian embassy in Makati and the requirements are below:
               1. Invitation letter-indicating the capacity to marry of your future husband
               2. Passport of course
               3. Travel Insurance
               4. CENOMAR and Birth Certificate (authenticated by DFA) or w/ red ribbon
               5. Flight reservation ticket
               6. Money in dollars for a fee
I hope this helps.. Ah by the way, there is no need for you to go back in our country once you are married here, you just need to apply for residence permit. You can call the Romanian embassy in Makati for more information also.

Good luck!

Thank you so much! This is a great help. So this short-term visa you're trying to say is a visit visa?
and you said that the Birth Certificate and CENOMAR should be authenticated by the DFA? can i do that in any DFA office?

cheskafrencis wrote:

Thank you so much! This is a great help. So this short-term visa you're trying to say is a visit visa?
and you said that the Birth Certificate and CENOMAR should be authenticated by the DFA? can i do that in any DFA office?

Yes a C/VV visit visa is a short stay (up to 90 days) visa.

Romaniac

Hello there,

You're welcome! Yes, short term/visit visa which is good for three months, enough already to process everything for your plan to marry here. About the authentication of those documents that I've mentioned, I am not sure if you can do that in your place if you have there. Because I tried it frst at DFA in Cagayan unfortunately they don't do the stamping. So I went to Metro Manila and had mine stamped in Pasay.

Really? Gosh! hahaha... That is far! Thank you so much! So I just need my birth certificate authenticated in Manila? and so far they are the most important things to comply here before leaving the country?

I have one more question please. How long will it take until they will approve my invitation for a short-term visa? Thank you so much!

cheskafrencis wrote:

I have one more question please. How long will it take until they will approve my invitation for a short-term visa? Thank you so much!

Once the invitation letter is filed, they have up to 60 days to decide.

Romaniac
Expat-Blog Experts Team

If you have DFA in Iligan just try to ask them first if they do authenticate the CENOMAR and Birth Certificate. If not then you need to go in Manila

From what I can remember they usually approve the visa within five days or a week as long as you submit all the documents needed. Let your future husband communicate with them also through email or call so they will know about your plan or you give them a call. :)

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : off topic
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Yung invitation ng bf ko is to visit lang and hindi marriage ang purpose. Pwede ba yun sis? May visa na po ako.

campanmaryrose1995 wrote:

Yung invitation ng bf ko is to visit lang and hindi marriage ang purpose. Pwede ba yun sis? May visa na po ako.

Mary Rose, you are asked to post only in English on the public forum please, so everyone can understand and follow the conversation.

Thank you for cooperating

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Aha I see. The invitation made by my bf from Romania is only a visit and no marriage purpose. I wonder if I am allow to marry him if my purpose is to visit him only?

Aha I see. The invitation made by my bf from Romania is only a visit and no marriage purpose. I wonder if I am allow to marry him if my purpose is to visit him only?

There is no such thing here as a marriage visa, but yes you may get married on a visit visa (if you are ready to take that step in your relationship).  Do note that you will not be allowed to remain in Romania.  You will have to go home, and then apply for a family reunification visa to return and reside here if that's what you might like to do.

Romaniac

Thank you so much :D
I've been in a relationship to a Romanian guy for 2 years, and we really want to get married.

I had a friend here who had been to countries in Asia. She is scaring me that I might get disapproval entering Romania when I'll be in immigration. She said that I am too young and that Romanian will doubts if my purpose is real for me to travel Romania.

Thank you so much :D
I've been in a relationship to a Romanian guy for 2 years, and we really want to get married.

Then I would invite you to read the topic "Getting Married in Romania", which should contain a lot of useful information for you.  Do note that the process takes at least 2 weeks if everything is in order.

Ah, so after I get married to a Romanian guy in his country I need to go back to my country before my visa expire?

Ah, so after I get married to a Romanian guy in his country I need to go back to my country before my visa expire?

That is correct.  After you return to Phillipines, apply for a D/VF family reunification visa.

I had a friend here who had been to countries in Asia. She is scaring me that I might get disapproval entering Romania when I'll be in immigration. She said that I am too young and that Romanian will doubts if my purpose is real for me to travel Romania.

Romania is not in Asia, as you probably know.  So with all due respect to your friend, I don't see how her opinion relates to an EU country :)  Again, do not worry.  If there was a reasonable chance that you would be denied entry, you will be prevented from boarding the flight.

Romaniac

Try not to appear suspicious when you land in Bucharest and you'll be fine. Even though its easier said than done be calm and do not panic. Enjoy your stay in Romania!

Hello Cheska,

Good day! I have am facing the same situation right now. I would like to know if you have successfully wed in Romania on a short term visit visa?

I would appreciate a lot your kind response. Thank you!

Hi Guys,
  I am an Indian working legally in Romania since 5 months. I want to marry my girl friend Romanian. we are in a relationship for more than a year. What is the minimum time the govt will take to legalise the marriage in Romania? Am i not supposed to marry her until one year? does anyone know how the system really works here in Romania?
Thanks

Yoga

yogavig wrote:

Hi Guys,
  I am an Indian working legally in Romania since 5 months. I want to marry my girl friend Romanian. we are in a relationship for more than a year. What is the minimum time the govt will take to legalise the marriage in Romania? Am i not supposed to marry her until one year? does anyone know how the system really works here in Romania?
Thanks

Yoga

You PM'd me this same question, why? Please avoid this in the future as it causes me to duplicate my effort.

The Romanian government, upon receiving the required documents from a couple (EU or Non-EU), need only 10 working days to schedule a wedding, which allows for the proposed wedding to be published for public notice in case of objections.  There is no minimum time which you must be present in Romania, nor any minimum time you must be in a relationship.  Either your girlfriend is misinformed, or possibly she's coming up with an excuse to postpone marriage.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Hello can you help me with some info regarding marriage in Philippines? Im romanian,and wedding will be in 9 september 2018

What you need to know about?

Also if my birth certificate ,it's european,I just renew it last year,do I also need to translate it in my country?

Hi Ms.Cheska.,can i asked you if you can educate me and give me the best suggestion on applying for a visa.I am from the Philippines and I have a Romanian boyfriend.We are planning to spend Christmas together this December 2018 in his place,Romania.Whats the best visit visa to apply and what are the requirements.Thank you very much for any help Maam.

Hi there Cheska i am from Davao Philippines and i assumed you are with your romanian husband now because this post is like 3 yrs ago but still i want to try my luck to be answered by u and anyone here in this forum who had an experience like mine about getting ideas how it all goes. my romanian bf amd i wants to get married there using visit visa( cvv) my question is how is it all going when u apply in the embassy of romania in makati? honestly im wuite nervous because this is all so new to me and i want to know the way of processing it... i mean how was your experience about it? hope to be answered. thanks po

Hi. I would like to know if its better and easier if me and my romanian boyfriend get married first in my country(phillippines). After that ill live with him in romania. Should i marry him first in my country or ill go at romania with tourist visa only.

i married to a Romanian girl but we both live Liberia can she apply for a Romanian visa for me?

You have to apply for it with the help of your Romanian wife. Afterall, you are the one who needs the visa.  :) If your marriage certificate is issued by Romanian authorities, getting the residence permit should not be that difficult. First, you have to apply a visit visa to Romania in your nearest Romanian embassy. Upon arriving in Romania, you can apply for residence permit in the immigration office. You'll need to present your marriage certificate, pay tax(approx 250 RON), proof of insurance (I paid approx 150 RON) and complete the form required by immigration. Me and my spouse were put in separate rooms while answering the questionnaire. To help me complete this form, I hired an official translator and paid him 100 RON. After submitting all the requirements for validation, immigration officers “might” visit your declared residence for additional verification. In my experience, it took me a total of 3 weeks from the submission of my documents to get my temporary residence card.

If I want to marry my bf from Romania what documents do I needed to apply and lives with him in Romania
  Thanks for the answers..

Visit visa will do if you plan to get married in Romania

Thank you 😊

Hi I'm a filipina working here in south america and i have a romanian boyfriend based in uk and we want to get married next year.. need some help how to process it.. thank you in advanced and godbless..

cesabuel wrote:

Hi I'm a filipina working here in south america and i have a romanian boyfriend based in uk and we want to get married next year.. need some help how to process it.. thank you in advanced and godbless..

Where do you want to get married?

In the Philippines or in romania where ever is easy to process... And its possible for me to stay in romania aswell sir/maam.. thank you

Is it possible also for me to process here in chile south america going to romania if we want to get married in romania???