Close

Converting a Non EU Driving Licence in Romania

Greetings!

My query is specific to converting my Non EU Driving Licence in Romania.

I am Indian Citizen and have a valid D/L issued from the UAE. I have also received my temporary residence card and would like to know what is the procedure for converting my Non EU D/L into a Romanian D/L without giving the test.

After doing a bit of research I found out that Romania recognizes the D/L issued from a list of Non EU countries and UAE happens to be on that list. Can anybody please guide me on how do I obtain the D/L as I intend to go on a short road trip with my wife. Another query I would like to have some clarification on is the category of vehicles that I am eligible for. On my UAE D/L I am allowed to drive a Motor vehicle with Gear and a Motorcycle with Gear. Will I be eligible for the same if I am able to convert this into a Romanian D/L?

Thanks for the response in advance.

Exchanging your UEA License is a very simple procedure. All you need is medical fitness certificate,  Legalised translated copy of Driving License in Romanian, fees of 68 Lei (might be more not sure) and duly filled application form that you can get download from the internet or get it directly from office there. It just takes about a week and they will post driving licence to your residential address.

Expatriate health insurance in Romania

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Romania

Moving to Romania

Find tips from professionals about moving to Romania

Travel insurance in Romania

Enjoy stress-free travel to Romania

Flights to Romania

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Romania

2 million members!

Watch later