Outdoor Family Activities

My family including two young girls (9 & 12) will be relocating to Jubail sometime in the next couple of months.  I really enjoy spending time with my family outside doing such activities as biking, fishing, and boating. 

My question is:  What outdoor activities are acceptable for women and girl children?  Can we bike as a family along the gulf (I was there in May and saw no more than 3 bicycles in the entire kingdom)?  Also, any information on rental or purchasing a boat would be appreciated.

Regards,

I have never been in Jubail but have spent a certain amount of time in Dammam. Even though the atmosphere in the Eastern province is a lot liberal compared to Riyadh, I do not think that you will be able to do such activities as a family.

Maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong but I do not think that there are any outdoor activities for women in the kingdom, unless you go out into the desert and drive (which my wife did).

Welcome to Saudi Arabia

Hello and welcome on board of Expat.com's Jubail forum, HoosierExpat :)

I confirm you can't go out biking. Regarding boating, I think you'll have to go to a private beach resort but I don't know if there are any in Jubail.

In Khobar, there is the BAE resort and there you have a sailing club.

Hey Hoosier, welcome!  Chicago is my home town!

You'll find things aren't quite so easy here but I find it tolerable by considering it a trade off:  giving up some freedoms but in return receiving a 'growth' experience.

Check the corniche Area of Jubail for more details, where young boys ride water motorbike and i have even seen motorboats, and also Fanateer beach for boat rides,may be you will find some. Good Luck for the boats, How about horse Riding, it is sure there SR 30.00 for half an hour in Jubail Horsing School, Industrial Area, Opposite R.C. Headoffice Bldg. (across highway).

Thanks for all the feedback!  This seems like a very useful and friendly forum.  If I find a boat, you're all invited ;-)

Do you know if the RC Horsing School allows women?

Yo, Hoosier...I also enjoy the watersports...so when you arrive, I (and my 8 fishing rods) are available when you are.

Wow!!, hardcore angler are you?. Fishing is my no.1 hobby. I will be in Jubail mostlikely end of this year. We can go fishingone day.:)

Is there anybody provide fishing trip in Jubail?.

afzalali wrote:

Check the corniche Area of Jubail for more details, where young boys ride water motorbike and i have even seen motorboats, and also Fanateer beach for boat rides,may be you will find some. Good Luck for the boats, How about horse Riding, it is sure there SR 30.00 for half an hour in Jubail Horsing School, Industrial Area, Opposite R.C. Headoffice Bldg. (across highway).

Thanks for the awesome feedback, I'm glad there's a place for horseback riding for my daughter in Jubail!

Is there anybody provide fishing trip in Jubail?.

In Fanatier, there are several charter boats that will be run for diving or fishing.

Sorry, but I'll be gone by then. I've had my time in Saudi and it's time to move on.

Iraq beckons.

MisterStretch, you're leaving already?! Damn, we won't be able to meet up for bbq! :(

But anyway, best of luck on your next destination. You're kidding when you say Iraq though, no?

Hi,
I've just moved to Jubail and am looking to stimulate my instincts, before they wither away completely.
Thus I'm scanning for horse riding, diving with sharks-
anything that stops me from becoming a 'dry balls.'
Tell me does anybody know if there's a place to learn driving.
I know there's the jubail driving school in support industrial,
but I understand its only open from 8-2 and is closed at the weekends.
or instead of me bothering you good people- Is there a yellow pages for Jubail online?

Hello Guys & Welcome to Jubail.

I can give you some details regarding fishing, diving and some activities:

1- Diving in Jubail:
- All the diving activities in Jubail and eastern province in general stop in winter season (Nov. to April).
- Jubail is the best place in the eastern province for diving.
- Jubail Islands is the only place in the Arabian Gulf to present the coral reefs.
- Jubail Islands is about 40 km from the beach.
- Diving off of Jubail and takes about a full day from 7 am to 7 pm.
- No deep high in the Arabian Gulf.
- You can in Jubail Islands see the turtles and sharks at times.

** There is a shop located in Karran Hotel which provide diving courses & trips. Also, Coral Beach hotel arrange trips for diving. http://www.coral-international.com/jubail/index.asp

2- Boats: In Fanateer behind Dominos Pizza you can find some boats for rental. They arrange some trips as well.

3- Fishsing: The shops which provide diving trips also provide trips for fishing. I think last Thursday there was a big competition for fishing for all the people in Jubail.

4- Horsing: As my friends here said, in ALFERDOS district there is place for horse riding. You can take your girls there and I think they will not mind if your wife want to ride a horse if she wear Abaya.

* Please ask me if you need any info/help.

It's coming the flower's festival! Can't wait for it!
Anyone can tell us the specific date?
Thank you and see you there!

The Royal Commission already completed the preparation for Gardens & Plants Exhibition XIV (or Flowers Festival) to be held in Jubail Industrial City - Fanateer Beach during the period from Dec 14 - Dec 24.

There will be some activities for kids. Don't miss it.:heart:

Here is the website for that event:

events.alriyadh.gov.sa/sites/English/Events/Lists/Events%20List/DispForm.aspx?ID=4251