Moving to the US - Shipping our stuff

Hi everyone.
My wife and I are moving from HCMC to the US (Connecticut) in a few month so we're looking for a shipping company that could take care of our stuff.
In fact, the real question is to decide whether we ship things or whether we just pack our clothes and will buy everything again when we're there. Does anyone can advise a solution vs the other?
In case of shipment, would you recommend the post office, a real relocation company...?
Thanks in advance
Mat

Unless you safely lock the shipment without anyone else having access, I would skip the local shipping company.  When you get to Connecticut and discover missing items it would be too late to get anything from the Vietnamese company.  Same with the VN post office.  Maybe you can contact UPS or FedEx online and see if they have a VN company they are affiliated with.  You may want to sell the large, bulky items.

cpt_mosc wrote:

Hi everyone.
My wife and I are moving from HCMC to the US (Connecticut) in a few month so we're looking for a shipping company that could take care of our stuff.
In fact, the real question is to decide whether we ship things or whether we just pack our clothes and will buy everything again when we're there. Does anyone can advise a solution vs the other?
In case of shipment, would you recommend the post office, a real relocation company...?
Thanks in advance
Mat

I am assuming that your moving expenses are not going to be covered by your employer? I come from a military family that has travelled over a 43 yr span. Unless your household items are of sentimental or monetary value then I would recommend that you sell as much as you can and donate the rest.  Most companies only pay current value on damaged or lost items along with depreciation. Believe me when I say this, (Your household goods WILL get damaged or lost!) You can always buy again and besides your needs and wants may also change once you settle in your new residence. Welcome to the U.S., Connecticut is a beautiful state. I have lived the before.