Shipping documents: DHL ?????

Good morning all,

I have important documents to be shipped to me from the USA and want to know what is the safest, idiot proof way to achieve this. I think I read before that DHL express shipping was the way to go.

I also wonder if it would be better to have them delivered to my girlfriend's work address, a well known school in D2?
Thanks for any input....

Ciao,

T

Understand that DHL will deliver to any address apart from a PO Box

When the package arrives in VN you should get an email from DHL Vietnam asking you to declare the content.

Try asking, in person, at the local DHL Office before the package arrives and have it delivered to an address that is attended during business hours.

Follow the DHL Tracking facility and you'll be able to see where it is and what's happening

Good luck

Blunders,

Thanks for the reply... I feel a little more confident that I will receive said documents in on piece.

Best,

T

I would recommend FedEx. I used DHL from Canada to Britain years ago and never found out what happened to my docs.

Four years ago the Canadian government used DHL to send me a birth certificate. They called me when they didn't receive confirmation that I had received it. I had to drive out to the airport to their warehouse. The guy working there said he couldn't find it and that's that. The threat of my government intervening convinced the guy to spend almost an hour to produce the document.

I have no idea if they even tried to deliver it. No written message, no phone call, no neighbours saw anything.

Just my experiences.

No matter what is the company (UPS,DHL, FedEX) they loose stuff.
Considering the volume what they handle items that are lost are drop in the ocean.

And I would use some business as delivery address, as they are easier to find and most likely somebody to sign package.

I've used DHL to get docs from US before and had no problems it took about 3 days to arrive

blunders wrote:

When the package arrives in VN you should get an email from DHL Vietnam asking you to declare the content.

Try asking, in person, at the local DHL jrs tracking Office before the package arrives and have it delivered to an address that is attended during business hours.

Follow the DHL Tracking facility and you'll be able to see where it is and what's happening

Good luck

Yes its.

rlhull wrote:

I've used DHL to get docs from US before and had no problems it took about 3 days to arrive

:lol: just saw the original date on this one but will post anyways might be worth an update!

Same here sending & receiving but from UK & many times with no problems at all. Last but one was my new UK driving license & got a call to describe what was in the package for customs & a day later they delivered.
Just this Friday I got a DHL package from Hong Kong & no request for details of contents, just a call to say they would deliver in 1 hour & they did.

Whichever delivery company you decide to use, it is essential that you include a phone number for the addressee.  Even if the location is self evident, they always call and ask for directions to the home or business.  I think outside of the major cities the so-called "last mile" is handled by third party motorbike deliverymen.  If there is no phone number, they won't even try to find the place.

I use a remailer (forwarder) in the states to send to me mail in the Philippines Door to Door by FedEX.

One time had nine letters that fitted into one or their flats, $49.50 USD in four days. I have used FedEx many times over the last three years with no problems.

Enzyte Bob wrote:

I use a remailer (forwarder) in the states to send to me mail in the Philippines Door to Door by FedEX.

One time had nine letters that fitted into one or their flats, $49.50 USD in four days. I have used FedEx many times over the last three years with no problems.

Your mail arrives in the Philippines but you've left for the Vietnam forum, where your experience is virtually meaningless.

Call that a problem... 😉

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
Enzyte Bob wrote:

Your mail arrives in the Philippines but you've left for the Vietnam forum, where your experience is virtually meaningless.

Call that a problem... 😉

I was just suggesting that FedEx mail to overseas was reliable. Especially when you are sending important documents, I mentioned the price & time frame for anyone who has questions. My mail was delivered by FedEx not a third party.

I'm sure DHL can provide the same service.

Chao T, can you get a certified photo copy of docs and send via 2 different co's ?

Try asking, in person, at the local DHL jnt tracking Office before the package arrives and have it delivered to an address that is attended during business hours.

Good luck

- @blunders

Yes This is