I need some help on how to ship things back home

Hello Everyone.

I'm planning on travelling a bit through China and Korea before I return to Germany in October.

I want to take some personal things (Cloth,Presents and my Laptop) back to Germany but I dont want to carry everything through China and Korea to take it back to Germany.

Is there a way to ship that stuff (could be between 10 kg to 20 kg) from Vietnam (HCMC) to Germany? Fedex charges around $200 but I'm not sure about the Custom value and how to calculate it ( Does it only apply to things I bought in Vietnam?).

Anyways, if anyone has an idea or has done something like that before, please help me out here.

Thanks!

edit: I could take the Laptop with me and not ship it, if that would make it easier.

Hi Toby,
I think EMS could be cheaper then FEDEX, UPS, and DHL. You just have to supply the recipient's address. I mean you have to send it to someone such as a family member or friend.

about the customs duty, I think it will vary if it is second hand or brand new. Brand new will obviously cost more.
It will also depend if it is for personal use or for business.

Overall I think there might be some differences between countries. I guess you can find out more from Germans who've done exports before.

Cheers and best regards

Exmaviet

I think so,you should use EMS of Vietnam Posts and Telecommunications Group (VNPT), its very safe and convenient.
you can get more information at http://www.vnpt.com.vn/en/Products/Prod … fault.aspx