Shipment from UK to HCMC

Hello Everyone

I am intending to ship some bed linen from London to HCMC by parcelforce (perhaps 20kg of it).

Anyone has any experience or tips on how to get my items in time and without hassle?

Will there be any taxes or hold-ups in HCMC?

Thanks!

There are no way to get stuff into Vietnam without hassles or hold ups, if you want to do it by yourself.

There are service providers who can help you expediting the process for a fee. Search the net. Otherwise, there have been extensive discussions about it in this forum.

easiest way to send it by dhl, be sure they mark the parcel as non commercial, private use only, done this many times and never got charge for import tax but you never know, worse case is they will let you know when parcel arrives and u just pay the tax when u can pick it up

I just received 2 packages of Cal King size bed sheet sets and a few other items sent from the States. No problems with customs and no duties. I think the key in most part is to correctly fill out the customs declaration form listing everything and a fair value of the contents. I had a package sent to me last year that really caused some problems because the sender didn't pay attention to the correct way to do it and I almost had to go up to Saigon from here to pick it up. Plus almost 1mil VND in duties.

(moderated: no ads please)