Ladies trips out (but not shopping please)!

Hi - I would like to find out if there is a group or groups of women who often go out on trips that do not involve the Malls.  Things like day trips to galleries, markets, places of interest?  It may be a very niave view but I need to check in any event.  A few times a few of us women from the EID compound have arrange small group trips to places like:  Fishmarkets , Art Galleries,  Butchery - so, for example a trip to a market that has an extensive range of material would be good as I am bringing over my sewing maching to practice my sewing skills (now that I will have so much more time on my hands).  Things like this, you get the drift.  Can anyone help me?
Max

Hi Max!

Will you be working or not?

Maybe you'd like to be in charge of investigating some trips for the ladies of this forum?  I know I'd probably be interested in going different places if it were on the weekend :)

Not working I guess as my background is Business Management and Media, can't see many options at this time.  Yes, had thought of taking things in hand, but first wanted to check if I was re-inventing the wheel, or treading on others toes here.  Would be considering a mixture of weekdays (for the women who are not working) and the weekend for those that are as I am noticing a few single women now and again from this site but also on some compounds.

There may be possible openings in BM & Media which you could actually carry out from home if you are able to contact the right sources in these areas.

ISP's and Ad Agencies could be helpful.

My wife used to undertake wordprocesing for SAMBA (using the good old Wordstar Software of the 80s) typing out user manuals, for which they used to pay by her by the page (A4, Size 12, Times New Roman) and where she made a quick buck sitting at home on my original IBM PC.

Just for the record, the PC had a monochrome green monitor, 64K RAM, One full height floppy disk drive, and Keyboard ONLY. The only software available was Wordstar (Wordprocessing) and Visicalc (Spreadsheet). Cost me SR 10K then. Phew!!!

Hey musicman, if you kept that piece of equipment I am sure it would warrant antique roadshow status or at least museum appeal by this time!  I learnt on a 'traditional' typewriter late 70's early 80's - and with the piano lessons, was a huge help with typing.

When I was back in Riyadh just now, I brought work over with me from my job in the UK (which I am working through my notice).  I was nearly climbing the walls after a week with cabin fever - so I would have to start getting creative in my thinking.  I am putting together a working hub for women who wish to work but can't due to children restrictions or the country restrictions.  It is a 'business hub' that whoever is willing can tap into.  I just need to have a small unit that this can be based from as some clients will prefer to go visit and discuss what needs to be done and it is not always appropriate to consider this from the compound or for a women to go to the client (I dread to think of the possible misinterpretations of that situation)!  So, what do you think, is it a goer or a waste of time?
Thanks for the heads-up on the homeworking though, gives me some encouragement.

Yep, I know. For that matter, I even had a Sinclair Z80 and an Apple IIe long before that doing tricks that would have made people wonder, in those times. Great machines for the 70s.

Your idea is wonderful I am sure it will attract lots of attention apart from the guys who want to take a peek for other reasons.

There are many Saudi ladies who are engaged in such business ventures within their circles. This would be an ideal platform for expats.

Go for it....

Alliecat wrote:

Hi Max!

Will you be working or not?

Maybe you'd like to be in charge of investigating some trips for the ladies of this forum?  I know I'd probably be interested in going different places if it were on the weekend :)

i volunteer for being the driver for these groups ;)

Max u can join the group of Safari Desert,they usually arrange events particularly for women,such as health walks and cycling and u can always make proper or spontaneous plans for the activities u like for your self with the group of women u r around in your compound.
and here is the safari desert link for u :)http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6 … 2773185771

come to think of it, there already is a group for expat women in Riyadh seeking work.

Let me dig around and come up with the link!

Oh and as for stepping on anybody's toes, I can't speak for the others but I'm always happy to share work! :lol:

Okay, I found the website address:

www.wsb-ksa.com.

Check it out!

Alliecat wrote:

Okay, I found the website address:

www.wsb-ksa.com.

Check it out!

Yes, one of the co-ordinators for this site is on our Compound and I am good friends with her so have seen and registered onto this.  The business hub I am forming will also be linked on this site and situations wanted will be posted onto it for the business hub.  I also told them to take a look at the Expat Classified-Riyadh group on yahoo as that is also a great link - its new as is wsb-ksa but is picking up good speed.

Thanks for all of this input, its all good stuff and will encourage me on with the plan.

nonz wrote:

Max u can join the group of Safari Desert,they usually arrange events particularly for women,such as health walks and cycling and u can always make proper or spontaneous plans for the activities u like for your self with the group of women u r around in your compound.
and here is the safari desert link for u :)http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6 … 2773185771

Hey Nonz, excellent - many thanks for this.

Men-shun nat [in Indian accent] :lol::lol::lol: