Technology in Mauritius

Hi Forum Members,
I've just registered so look forward to sharing some interesting conversation with you all.
I'm currently residing in London, England, with my Mauritian wife and we're giving very serious consideration to moving to the island.
I obviously have a lot of concerns about such a huge life change and welcome the opportunity to hear what other expats have to say about their experience.
One issue that perhaps we can kick off with is the level of internet provision in Mauritius. I'd particularly like to know how "up to speed" the island is with its broadband service and whether there genuinely is full wi-fi. I must confess to being somewhat sceptical about this claim, when I can't even get wi-fi in certain parts of London!!
This is important to me as I'm wholly converted to the IPhone and need it for my business.
In addition, to what extent is High Definition (HD) television available?  I'm not necessarily talking about the actual HD Ready TVs which I assume are available, but more the number of programmes/Channels being offered that are in HD.
Well, I think that'll do for now, but I will start another topic soon about sailing in Mauritius. I'm a keen yachtsman, so will want to know about marinas and yacht clubs on the island.
All the best for now.
Warmup

Hi Warmup and welcome to our forum!

Best advice is to read some of the previous topics. I'm sure there have been some on internet ISPs.

However for the rest of the questions, I'll leave the space to fellow forumers.

Bye for now
Arlette

Hi Warmup,

1. for internet connections,check Orange at the following link

Orange

2.Some shopping malls do provide free wi-fi, e.g Le Caudan, Phoenix Les hAlles.

3. Some HD Channels exists but not from our public service provider but from private tv-satellite providers.

4. Marinas & Yacht club exist.

Bye
JM

Many thanks to you for your responses which were useful.
Cheers for now.
Warmup