Going to KL for studying from pakistan. need advise!

Hello, i might take admission in Lincoln University in KL.. but the problem is my parents may only be able to pay fee for first semester I'm not sure.. so will i be able to earn enough money from part time job or from any other way to pay for my university and afford my living?

I am really confused and don't want to take any decision that i might regret taking.. any suggestion/advise will be very helpful..

I don't think so. Like any other country students are allowed to do certain work hours per week. Not enough to pay your semester fees. You had better finish your degree in Pakistan. Gain a couple of years work experience then apply for a job in KL, Singapore or Dubai.

Much cheaper option.

Hi Asad,

Actually there is a new policy of welcoming Pakistan Nationals into Malaysia where the government specifically creates jobs for them. You can work and study at the same time with any problems.

Mike

Yeah Asad.  I think I should consider studying in Pakistan or go to US/CANADA or Australia maybe where you can earn enough money from part time Jobs I think :S

MikeWallace77 wrote:

Hi Asad,

Actually there is a new policy of welcoming Pakistan Nationals into Malaysia where the government specifically creates jobs for them. You can work and study at the same time with any problems.

Mike

Hey Mike, Is that true? sounds good then any more details on that policy?

@Mike:   It would be nice if you provided us a written source?

Do you really believe what has been written by Mike? Logically, why would the Malaysian Government do such a thing.  I am sorry that you may be disappointed by what you have read on this Forum.

HasNi4592 wrote:

Yeah Asad.  I think I should consider studying in Pakistan or go to US/CANADA or Australia maybe where you can earn enough money from part time Jobs I think :S

It is not easy there as well. Just green pastures. You would hardly break a bank if you counted on doing odds jobs like working at a work station or as a pizza guy. As I said, rules apply the same for international students wherever you go. 
My elder brothers studied in the USA. A couple of close buddies were studying in Australia as well as in UK. Life was not pretty at all for them if they did not have a good bank balance. If you are a PR to either one of these countries, then your student life can be different.  I am not discouraging you but come prepared and hope for the best!

Gravitas wrote:

Do you really believe what has been written by Mike? Logically, why would the Malaysian Government do such a thing.  I am sorry that you may be disappointed by what you have read on this Forum.

Yeah It would be nice if Mike can give the link of source.

@asad100101,  yeah I can only hope for the best.

asad100101 wrote:
HasNi4592 wrote:

It is not easy there as well. Just green pastures. You would hardly break a bank if you counted on doing odds jobs like working at a work station or as a pizza guy. As I said, rules apply the same for international students wherever you go. 
My elder brothers studied in the USA. A couple of close buddies were studying in Australia as well as in UK. Life was not pretty at all for them if they did not have a good bank balance. If you are a PR to either one of these countries, then your student life can be different.  I am not discouraging you but come prepared and hope for the best!

So which country do you think will suite me best out of all?

HasNi4592 wrote:
asad100101 wrote:
HasNi4592 wrote:

If you have a lot of money, every country will suit you best.
If you have no money, can you even study in your own country where you don't have to pay big bucks for your meals, accommodation and transportation? You do not want to come to Pakistan after wasting your hard earned money and with no degree in your hands. Your best scenario is to get a degree in Pakistan., gain some work experience and get employed abroad or apply for a point based citizenship after gaining a few years work experience back home.

asad100101 wrote:
HasNi4592 wrote:
asad100101 wrote:

If you have a lot of money, every country will suit you best.
If you have no money, can you even study in your own country where you don't have to pay big bucks for your meals, accommodation and transportation? You do not want to come to Pakistan after wasting your hard earned money and with no degree in your hands. Your best scenario is to get a degree in Pakistan., gain some work experience and get employed abroad or apply for a point based citizenship after gaining a few years work experience back home.

Yeah makes sense but still which one would be better if my parents could spend a little extra.  Where it's easier to get part time Jobs with decent money relatively speaking.

My brother was studying at UC Berkeley on scholarship in US.
He was earning $400 a month. He was on a student visa.
He was a lab assistant in a university library.

asad100101 wrote:

wow he was earning good, but you are not allowed to work off campus in the US thats what i heard

HasNi4592 wrote:
asad100101 wrote:

wow he was earning good, but you are not allowed to work off campus in the US thats what i heard

I think you can work off campus during summer break(you have to double check if it is allowed or not during study period ). Everything is possible under the table. I mean, I know someone( who was enrolled into a master degree)was driving a taxi cab and mopping on the streets. So you can deduce your conclusion from it.

Hey bro can you give me your personal FB id or something need to have detailed conversation with you, thanks

HasNi4592 wrote:

Hey bro can you give me your personal FB id or something need to have detailed conversation with you, thanks

asad1001010 AT yahoo dot com

yeah ok

HasNi4592 wrote:

yeah ok

ok bro thanks wait ill send you request

Hi Hasni4592,

Malaysia is not good for students who want to do job while studying on student visa.
Its illegal to do job on student visa in Malaysia, but some students are doing.... The problem is here odd jobs (like jobs in restaurant, security etc.) mostly are of 12 hrs and they pay very low. You can hardly afford your living but cant able to pay your university/college tuition fee.
Better to try for US, if not then Australia.

and also beware from the education consultants/agents. They misguide students specially those going to Malaysia. They say you can work there easily and can earn enough money... but the actual situation here is very different.

Can you please advice any site from where Pakistanis' can find a job?

Regards

didn't know about any specific site for Pakistanis. You can try these...
www.mudah.mywww.jobstreet.com.my

Well I don't have plans to go to Malaysia anymore..

HasNi4592 wrote:

Well I don't have plans to go to Malaysia anymore..

Gave your ielts yet?
Now what are your plans?

Well I'm preparing for it..  And I will give the exam early next month....  And for now I just focusing on scoring high bands in Ielts.. And I'm aiming for other countries.. Australia or Canada..

can  u contact me thru my [email protected]...

nor

Nor_Amir wrote:

can  u contact me thru my [email protected]...

nor

me?

ofcourse u....email me your cv..i might have a good program for u....

Well I don't think it is easy to get job here in kl,very low paid labour

Jobsr available and even those r legally not very approved.u need to

consider the financial aspects seriously  before u make any

decision.

it up to u..if u think like that why u having tough to study and work in Malaysia...

I am sorry if u feel offended I didnot mean to discourage u at all,since

I am living here and this is what I hv observed so far,plus I am not studying here I am an expatriate wife who is working here.

Wish u all the best

its look easy to say you can do part time job in Malaysia.....but difficult to find it...salary is very low and you dont know the language also....you cant pay your tuition fees from your part time job....
in pakistan consultant manipulate policies that you do this and that but they all fraud.
best of luck for your future......