Where on the mainland of Malta?

This is a serious question.
Suggestions please.

Where on the mainland is there the equivalent of where we are now?
(Xaghra, Gozo.)
(All the places I used to know seem to be so different now.)

The location would have to meet the following description………

Quiet. (Overhead aircraft noise is acceptable, that's OK. No, not the runway threshold thanks :-))
Clean air.
Beautiful views.
Welcoming, friendly and helpful community.
Not over developed.
Frequent and reliable bus service. (OK, I know; that's pushing it.)
All necessary shops and amenities.
Good, some excellent, bars & restaurants in easy walking distance.
Local daily polyclinic.

redmik wrote:

Not over developed.

is this a trick question ?

yep

georgeingozo wrote:
redmik wrote:

Not over developed.

is this a trick question ?

;)

Many of the villages down south are like that still . Zurrieq, Zabbar, Safi etc.

coxf0001 wrote:

Many of the villages down south are like that still . Zurrieq, Zabbar, Safi etc.

From what I have seen they have some but not all the requirements but I shall search some more, thanks.
Anyone from any of those villages?

I use to be a rep and have seen most of the villages. I also worked in Zurrieq. Very friendly people, a real community spirit. Near the blue grotto so some of the best views along with pretty little allies. Frequent buses to Rabat, Valletta, airport and hospital. A few shops including clothes, stationery, a take away and   food shops etc. Extravagant feasts throughout the year. Even old windmills and ruins. There are the local band clubs etc and other restraints. A polyclinic and for some reason 5 dentist?! It ia bigger than your village but then Malta is bigger.

* restaurants, stupid phone!

Thanks, I have to say that Zurrieq was a place I contemplated settling in before we came back this time.
I'm just speculating and thinking of contingency planning.

Għargħur?

pgl wrote:

Għargħur?

Yes, lovely place and much smaller than Zurrieq. In fact, I was thinking and there are loads really.

Interesting same for us thinking of relocating from Gozo and very interested in the South, had thought of Zabbar....

Siġġiewi?

Bless you !!!

St Thomas Bay, Marsascala ticks most of the boxes

maltaangel wrote:

Interesting same for us thinking of relocating from Gozo and very interested in the South, had thought of Zabbar....

Zabbar is lovely, has everything you need and near to the main road leading to the rest of the island. Has everything you need, doctors, dentists, school, small market, places to eat, quiet (off the main road through Zabbar.) It even has a Miracle Foods, pet shop and I've seen a picture framing shop too!

Thanks for the information :)

The south has everything one needs without the congestion. Far more laid-back and friendly.

Have to go a long way to be as laid back as Gozo. :sleep

Gozo - Laid Back - am not sure they even get up ...LOL

Back with this as we are relocating from Gozo, Sliema where I would like to be is way beyond budget and generally anyway from St Julians to Pieta is rented within 5 minutes. I am interested in the South but use buses and regularly need to be in Marsa, Paola and Sliema. So my questions are thoughts on the South of Malta and traveling......thanks

We travel regualary from Marsaxlokk to Paola , sliema and marsa its a pleasant trip

Thank you

Anyone in Zurrieq, tried Paola and cannot settle....

Birzebuggia is best :)

No I am not keen to be honest...sorry

maltaangel wrote:

No I am not keen to be honest...sorry

me either lol but redders lives there so it has some positive points lol