Saludos from the Dominican Republic

I see my amigo Escott beat me to it, but here I am, another expat in the DR with a humble blog to her name. I report on life from the other side of the island, the capital which is on the south coast.

Greetings everyone!

Read my blog at http://www.dr1.com/blogs/?u=Chiri
Some more of my writing can be found at the www.dominicancooking.com but enter at your peril if you haven't eaten yet. It's worse than going to the supermarket on an empty stomach.

Hola Chiri!

Welcome on the forum ;)

Do you speak a good spanish?

Un saludo,

Julien

Thanks for the welcome, Julien. My Spanish is pretty good, as I come from Gibraltar (where both English and Spanish are spoken) and I spent a lot of time in Latin America before moving to the DR six years ago.

Estoy a su orden,

Chiri

Hola Chiri,

olvidé que vienes de Gibraltar ... Es que al momento no somos muchos a hablar Español en este foro, espero que poco a poco tendremos mas contribuciones en esa idioma :)

Porque has decidido moverte a Republica Dominicana?

Hasta luego,

Julien

Conocí a la República Dominicana a través de mi trabajo con una agencia de cooperación internacional. Visité por primera vez hace casi 10 años. Durante mi tercera visita conocí a mi futuro marido, un fotógrafo dominicano, y dos años despues me mude para su pais, y nos casamos. Seis años despues, aquí estoy todavia. Tenemos un hijo de 5 años.

My blog is in English, though, because it's easier for me to write in English. It's also hosted by an English language DR website with an English-speaking membership, some are Dominican but the majority are from the US and Canada.

Que placer de leer unas frases en Español :)

Take care,

Julien

HOLA SOY VENEZOLANA QUISIERA AMIGOS DE MI PAIS QUE SE COMUNIQUEN CONMIGO POR FAVORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Prepara al detalle tu expatriación con la ayuda de los que ya viven allí

O