Cyber Jaya - Malaysia

I have been having problems with immigration in Indonesia.  Yes I know I am not the only one. 

Indonesia is a great country and has a lot of promise and a bright future, but for now all this is lost in bureaucracy and corruption. 

I have been interested in Malaysia for a long time.  After almost 2 years of headaches with immigration corruption here and really silly rules. 

I have finally come to the brink of choosing to settle more in Malaysia.  Indonesia is just a little bit cheaper to live in than Malaysia but for an expat with all the fees and possible new taxation rules for americans. I will need to go to Malaysia maybe as soon as 1 month from now. 

I plan to visit Cyber Jaya the new IT city complex.  I am sure there is a diverse range of Expat groups there.  I am a Graphic / Web Designer and Software Programmer. 

Any one on here from there or knows friends or family that live or work there?

Welcome to Malaysia dude

I work in Cyberjaya. What information would be useful to you that I can provide?

You will run into similar bureaucracy in Malaysia as well.  Immigration rules are strict. In order to work, a Malaysian registered company needs to sponsor a work permit (employment pass). Or you need to set up an onshore or offshore company.  Some MSC (formerly Malaysian Super Corridor) Companies do hire a few foreigners. Cyberjaya is not known as a very exciting place to live - most people commute to their jobs there. It's almost impossible to walk into the big IT companies because of Security - some of which is "faceless" i.e. guards use electronics to communicate with visitors. Malaysians are particularly computer literate because of the MSC project, so it is more likely that you will find work in an IT company owned by other foreigners.

This company has USA owners and is hiring:

slideshare.net/estorminternational/jom-join-the-estorm-malaysia-team

It will be good if you come and look at Malaysia, as it is perhaps a bit different than you imagine.

Penang also has an IT Corridor that employs foreigners.