Regular expat place to hangout?

Hi all,
             Is there a regular place/venue where just people gather up to mingle/chat. I know the whole mixed gathering business and us expat (mainly westerners) prefering to live in compounds but surely it should be easy enough just like the locals to grab a spot in a park/beach any where and just bring food and chat?
Just been here for 3 months so looking forward to comments from the "wiser" expat/saudi members off this site.

:-)

You can go to beach/cafe shops/ restaurants/malls/ etc…

But you know what is the problem with you Western expats!, I never see you around mingling with ppl in Saudi, despite that in other countries even around us in the region I see you everywhere even in a very bizarre places!!, but in Saudi god forbid to see any westerns mingling with locals or even practicing normal live outside their compounds, why is that? is it something your embassies are instructing you about??

La-Boom is right some common places are available just like what he mentioned but if you really need to see and meet them on your given place just invite them through EB and for sure most people will come and make friends with you, just saying! goodluck! :)

Hi guys,
        firstly western expats apparently by law are suppose to live in a compound secured by the national guards  ( apparently!)...i was housed in al sharbatley the first month i came a here and i was out in three weeks. Purely on a personell level, i would not like to live in a compound alienating myself with the wider majority. I am well traveled and its only mexico and south africa i have come across where you see westerners behind gated communities ( you need to in those places!).
my question was simple, if people are hanging out in a public place then just send an invite :) ... im happy to go,  pickup, have stab at cooking something :) (rather not) ....just want to socialize with locals and expats :)
Im all ears folks, i have heard saudis are at excellent at being a host and welcoming :) ....lets see :) ( im only pulling your leg )

:)

Pulling our lesgs?! :rolleyes: what are you trying to do man? we are straight..

OK, now I'm confuse :dumbom:......he said what???? :rolleyes:

Lol I am just trying to freak him out, chill man.

I personally tried few times to arrange for small coffee gathering where people can meet and have a chat, but with no luck. The way I interpreted it is that people who are posting here saying that they are looking for “friends” they are actually looking for “date/s”.

I promises myself not to reply for a post saying that am new and looking for friends , but promises are there to be broken so here you go….lets arrange for a coffee/chat meeting in a cafe shop in the coming few days. Who is IN ?

ahmadaq wrote:

I personally tried few times to arrange for small coffee gathering where people can meet and have a chat, but with no luck. The way I interpreted it is that people who are posting here saying that they are looking for “friends” they are actually looking for “date/s”.

I promises myself not to reply for a post saying that am new and looking for friends , but promises are there to be broken so here you go….lets arrange for a coffee/chat meeting in a cafe shop in the coming few days. Who is IN ?

Im IN so IN, I just hope theres no racist here!!!

ahmadaq wrote:

i am INNNNNNNNNNN

Jigsaw wrote:
ahmadaq wrote:

i am INNNNNNNNNNN

However i am going to Bahrain for the weekend , please try to make it during working days ...

Good start.. JEDDAH We have TWO !!

Im IN also....lets make this workout this time

love it when a plan comes together, name the place an Im there....well not really cuz i have no freaking idea where everything is :)...anyone one who knows jeddah and can recommend a central sort of place than shout :)
i have a car and live in Rawdah and happy to pick people up

How about Friday or Saturday lets say Costa cafe Sari street (sari gate ) at 1500

saturday works for me

Also for me ... That makes us two

I am all yours the whole day of weekends......:D

hey my company still didnt make saturday a holiday. Lets make it friday and include shisha :P

Am easy when it comes to date and timing , but lets have a shisha  free gathering

I guess non smoker are not welcome........thats OK! :)

same here, easy on date time.
so its saturday.....just some one suggest a shisha place and time, i know two shisha joints by jarir book store on sari street ( dont the name)

i meant friday :)

great , so who is in?

PS: Jasfur chill dude, come with us and dont smoke ;)

Jeddah Scout wrote:

great , so who is in?

PS: Jasfur chill dude, come with us and dont smoke ;)

thats OK dude have a great time......its not really my cup of tea but if that's a cup of coffee I'm willing to see you....chow :lol: .....just joking :)

kizer77 wrote:

love it when a plan comes together, name the place an Im there....well not really cuz i have no freaking idea where everything is :)...anyone one who knows jeddah and can recommend a central sort of place than shout :)
i have a car and live in Rawdah and happy to pick people up

Well your in the right quote :D, just tell me where it is and I will show you the way.......seriously I'm a commutter since you offer a ride can I take a hitch? ;)

lets keep it on Friday 30th August

my number is +966502707177

guys ,, u can reach me on whats app on 0598 60 20 18 ...unfortunately am no gonna able to make it on friday ,, will be out of Jeddah for business trip but surely will do my best to join later ,, so u go ahead, enjoy and tell me about it later ....

WOW! [b]Ahmadaq, Jigsaw, Mountaineer8888, Kizer77 and Jeddah Scout[/b] pls confirm your meeting and La-boom please comply if you want to join this meet ups :). Invitation is still open those who wanna join just place your message. Please guys finalize your venue, date and time....thanks :)

jasfur post ur number too, everyone post his whatsapp number also

Enjoy guys, for me I am not out person :) I prefer to set on my lazyboy chair and watch tv.

la-boom wrote:

Enjoy guys, for me I am not out person :) I prefer to set on my lazyboy chair and watch tv.

isn't that tiring? I'm exactly like you but should give yourself a relax atleast once a week, go out and have fun with nature I mean with people....just sharing my experience :)

Call me old fashion, but I don't feel comfortable giving away my contacts online

OK last day of work and tomorrow will be the meet up for some of us here, Jeddah Expats.Since you shared your numbers to each other please guys do come and meet one another as what Riyadh Expat did and make this EB more memorable for this is the reason of your meet ups :D just katir girgir.....:lol:

ahmadaq wrote:

Call me old fashion, but I don't feel comfortable giving away my contacts online

I can give mine secretly :D but not here too.....as if Im so atrractive.....just saying.:)

Ahmad & Jasfur - are you guys coming tomorrow?

YES SIR... give us time and place

send me privately ur number and ill add you to whatsapp group or contact u by phone to arrange the meeting.