Medical clearance, with PTB history

Hello everyone!

I'm confident that you can provide me with accurate answers regarding my query about scar in the lungs. As we all know, if you have scar in the lungs you are not considered fit to work in KSA. Do you have any news or updates if there was any changes in Gcc ruling about this? Bcoz I have a friend of mine who is now decided to work here in Ksa. He had history of tuberculosis before and underwent complete treatment. It caused the scar in his  lungs. He is now cleared by Pulmonologist in the Phil. He told me that today's now accepting applicants in middle east even they have scar with their lungs.

Please feel free to post your comment on this. So i can be enlighten my friend.

Thanks much.

sir franciskitx,

what happen to your friend now?

according to what i heard, if your friend undergoes medical exam at a GCC affiliated health clinic, and it shows positive findings, he will be barred for the next 5 years...in all gulf countries, after 5 years, he may re-apply....

let's just hope his lungs appear clear when he goes for the medical exam.... better yet, tell him to start the application by accepting a job offer, and doing the medical exam first. at least he would know if he can proceed with the other expenses or not...

some companies can waive medical results if they really want the employee. ... according to some......