Hola.....new to the forum

Hi everyone....I'm Donna from Oklahoma in the USA & after visiting your wonderful blog site several times, decided to join...a good friend & I are about to start our journey in Jan. 2014 which will hopefully end with our moving to Mexico at least during the winter months...I'm hopeful I will learn many things from all of you that are already there to make our journey better...D

Hi and welcome to Expat.com Donna !

Your post has been moved to the Mexico forum for better visibility.

Regards
Armand

Hi Donna. What part of Mexico do you want to travel to?

Hi Justin....well I have several places in mind...I love Cozumel...& the whole Quantana Roo, Yucatan ...also have thought of La Paz, but haven't been there since, wow, back in the early 80's...but I'm leaning towards Cancun, Playa Del Carmen area to begin with...any suggestions?..I'm open to them...

Donna, I don't think you can go wrong with the Playa del Carmen area and you can find housing in any budget level there. If the beach is important to you, I'd recommend from there all the way to Akumal, though the convenience of everything that's available in Playa (Wal Mart Supercenter, supermarkets, City Club, etc) is very nice.

There are also some very nice areas on the Pacific coast like Zihuatanejo.

Let us know what you decide!

Thank you Justin & I will keep everyone posted on our decision...we will be arriving in Jan...can't wait...D