Cost of living in kula lampur malasiya

hi,
i got an job offer as mysql dba in kula lampur .
Location is Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Salary Range:5000-6000 Malaysia Ringates

Client Provides the following  Free

A)      Client Company will apply for your 2 year working visa in
Malaysia.after 1 year renewable.
B)      Client Company will also remit your monthly taxes to the relevant
authorities.
C)      You will be entitle for a AIA medical card.
D)      Upon arrival in Malaysia, the company will provide you a interim
stay of up to 1 month for you to make arrangements for accommodation.
E) Client Company will going to book the flight ticket for you.
F) Client Company will also provide dependent visa for your
family(wife & children s).

how much can i save with this much salary

pls mention family size and number of kids and age of kids.

me and my husband thats all

if u n ur hubby have jobs with that kind of salary, then its fine. but if its just u, then life will b tough. i wud suggest not to accept.

Hi
Make sure how much exactly they offer..! 5k to 6k is quite a range.. Here every single ringgit matters..!
Still worst case scenario, 5k is not good enough for a couple to survive, specially if you have to pay for apartment rent.
Things might be different if your husband gets a job too..!
If you guys can bring home a total of 10k per month, will be good enough for you two to live and have some savings for the future too..!
Dont forget to ask for the car and make sure you get your international driving permit before you enter Malaysia.
Cheers..!

Well, please make sure that your husband got the job offer in Malaysia with the salary of that range.

If yes, the life is good! Else, it would be a tough. To be honest, the taxes in Malaysia for foreigner is high. Please negotiate with the employee to pay for the tax for you. Else after the taxation, the net salary will be less than RM 5k.

To be honest, lots of people still can live in KL with salary less than RM 4k. So, whether it is enough or not is depending on your living style and what kind of life you are looking for as an expat. I have a friend from oversea, come to work in Malaysia with salary of 1.3 USD. He still manage to get a car, rent a room in the KL area and live happily. Just his life is not the luxillary one. 

Do your research nicely before accept the offer. Ask yourself several questions:
1. How much you plan to bring home in a month?
2. What kind of life you are looking for in KL?
3. How frequent you wanted to go back to India in a year?
4. How long you plan to stay in this company? (If you wanted to come to Malaysia first, then look for other better opportunity, then it is fine. But I would say it is rather tough as the un-employ rater in Malaysia is high)
5. Is your husband have the job offer too?

Cheers!

August Choong wrote:

Well, please make sure that your husband got the job offer in Malaysia with the salary of that range.

If yes, the life is good! Else, it would be a tough. To be honest, the taxes in Malaysia for foreigner is high. Please negotiate with the employee to pay for the tax for you. Else after the taxation, the net salary will be less than RM 5k.

To be honest, lots of people still can live in KL with salary less than RM 4k. So, whether it is enough or not is depending on your living style and what kind of life you are looking for as an expat. I have a friend from oversea, come to work in Malaysia with salary of 1.3 USD. He still manage to get a car, rent a room in the KL area and live happily. Just his life is not the luxillary one. 

Do your research nicely before accept the offer. Ask yourself several questions:
1. How much you plan to bring home in a month?
2. What kind of life you are looking for in KL?
3. How frequent you wanted to go back to India in a year?
4. How long you plan to stay in this company? (If you wanted to come to Malaysia first, then look for other better opportunity, then it is fine. But I would say it is rather tough as the un-employ rater in Malaysia is high)
5. Is your husband have the job offer too?

Cheers!

August..!
Taxes will be paid by the employer.. She already mentioned that above..
Cheers..!

Hi my friend,

According to her, the company will remit the tax from the salary and submit to relevant authority. From my understanding, "remit" means deduct the salary according to the taxation percentage. That means the amount that she mentioned is not the net amount.

Hi Shaik,

I think you need to make a call to your company and need some clarification on that. Thanks

Cost of living numbeo.com

Yea That be best if she concurs with her employer about this.. Still to me it seems that she wont hv to pay her taxes..
Cheers..!