Poets / Writers: I'm Starting a Reading in Riyadh

I'm a teacher and a writer, and I'm starting an anglophone reading in Riyadh with a few of my friends. 

The first reading will take place June 27th.

If you're an open-minded, laid-back, poet/ writer looking for a creative outlet please talk to me.

My email is [email protected]

Hello davidmsummers.

You should post an advert in the Activities section in the Riyadh classifieds. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Thanks for the tip.  I will definitely do as you suggest.

I've been getting some responses.  It seems we may have as many as 9 participants, which is great.  But I'm still hoping for more. 

So if you've been feeling at all creatively stifled in Saudi really think about coming out June 27th to the inaugural reading.  I believe a community of creative types is exactly what many of us need.

Plus sheesa (sp?).

Just wanted to let any curious eyes know that the first open-mic did indeed happen last weekend, and it was a great success.  10 people from 3 different countries provided the event a welcome diversity in subject, style, and accent. 

The next open-mic is scheduled for Friday July 19. 

If you're interested in becoming part of (as far as I can tell) the only anglophone creative writing community in Riyadh, don't hesitate to contact me.

Again, my email is [email protected]

Our creative writing group (consisting of a dozen or so anglophone expats) now has a name: Odd Fridays Out.

Odd Fridays Out meets the first and third Fridays of every month in Riyadh. 

Odd Friday Out #3 is scheduled for August 2nd. 

All poets and lovers of poetry are welcome. 

If you would like to attend, feel free to contact me at:
[email protected]