Country Boy headed to Beijing

Hello,I am from South Georgia (USA) and love to fish. I will be training caddies for a new golf course in Beijing for two months (July and August) I have never traveled to the East and am really exited. Hows the Fishing in Beijing or surrounding areas? Thank you for your time,

Hawg Dawg

I also like to Spearfish!!

Hello Hawg Dawg.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

Hawg Dawg, I think the only fish you will see will be swimming in the tanks of the various restaurants.

I think I know of a couple of places where you can go crabbing.

Hey Hawg,

Which golf course will you be training them at? I can usually be found over at chaoyang golf club just hitting the driving range.

Send me a message if you are interested,
Alex

Manlin wrote:

Hawg Dawg, I think the only fish you will see will be swimming in the tanks of the various restaurants.

I think I know of a couple of places where you can go crabbing.

Thanks for the Reply!!I did read about some Pay Ponds Around Beijing and maybe a river or two near the Wall.

Here you go:

Just found tons of info for you - and have sent you a pm with a link to the info that I found.

Got it ....Thank you....Any Advice on what to bring that might be hard to find in Beijing? Or Anything (Something Small) that might be good for a gift to my hosts or new friends I might make?

Your first time out of the USA? Please remember that China works on 220V not 110V.

Please check your electrical / electronic devices prior to plugging them into a Chinese electrical socket.

Computers normally no problem since most of them are ok for both but please check carefully.

Things to bring a sense of humour and understanding that some things will be different from home.

Not sure what to tell you to bring since you get almost everything in China.

Oh, if you want to access sites like Facebook, Twitter and Google Docs install a VPN before you come.

I will not name here the one that I use but if you need a suggestion pm and I will tell you.