Thinking of moving to Hungary

I am 63 years old man and retired. thinking moving to budapest some time this year. I have a income $1300.00 USD could I live there on my income.

Are you thinking of buying outright or renting a property. If renting then you won't be living the high life on that income. If buying and you want a reasonably quiet life then you'll probably be ok but I'm sure others on here will have more in depth information........

Hi,

That's about twice what the average Hungarian makes, but on the other hand said average Hungarian has friends and family here, and at your age, gets discounts on everything from public transportation to medicine.
Depending on your expectations $1300 might be tight in Budapest, but should be enough in smaller towns or out in the country.
Sure, Bp has everything, but most things are available in certain other towns as well. If you are looking at Hungary for the hot springs and health spas for example, the best ones are not even in Bp!
Even if you are interested in something that's specific to Budapest, due to the "hub-and-spokes" layout of highways and railroad, reaching Bp from anywhere in the country is practically half as much  hassle than travelling between any two other towns.

I wrote to what I thought was you,anyway I am a 64 year old women,healthy,clean,drug free and have the same idea you have.I was thinking we could exchange info back and forth and perhaps think of something.I am currently in Az. and am also on SSI,please contact.Marietta