Family moving to Budapest

Hi all,

Im planning to move with my family (wife, 2.5 years-old daughter, and one baby more coming next February) to Budapest by the end of the year.

We are Spanish speakers (I also speak English) and I have read that this might be a very important issue, specially for my wife who will be at home with the kids and from time to time being alone for 10 -20 days. Do you know a way to overcome this? Are people who might work at your home for cooking and cleaning? Spanish speakers teaching Hungarian?

On the other hand, I'd like to know the average monthly expense for a family such mine, basically related with food, clothes, healthcare, and any other expense We might deal with.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Regards,

Hello Janitoqc and welcome to Expat.com :)

Your message has been moved to the Budapest Forum for better visibility.

I would suggest you to post an advert in the Housemaid jobs in Budapest section. It might be helpful to find some for the cleaning and cooking.

Moreover, you should also post an advert in the Language classes in Budapest section, in order to find a good teacher.

Finally, you may browse the different discussions on the Cost of living in Hungary Forum, to obtain more information.

Thanks and good luck

Karen :)

Janitoqc wrote:

Hi all,

Im planning to move with my family (wife, 2.5 years-old daughter, and one baby more coming next February) to Budapest by the end of the year.

We are Spanish speakers (I also speak English) and I have read that this might be a very important issue, specially for my wife who will be at home with the kids and from time to time being alone for 10 -20 days. Do you know a way to overcome this? Are people who might work at your home for cooking and cleaning? Spanish speakers teaching Hungarian?

On the other hand, I'd like to know the average monthly expense for a family such mine, basically related with food, clothes, healthcare, and any other expense We might deal with.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Regards,

Hi,
You can find plenty of housemaid in Budapest, But usually they speak only Hungarian.
I dont know whether you have to pay rent, but event with 110 000 HUF, your family can live well with around 600000 HUF/month
P.S; if you guys need help pre or per arrival, PM me. I can share my experiences especially with your wife coz I am in a similar situation.

Hello Evelin Alexa.

It would be great if you could share these informations with us on the forum. It may help the other members.

Thanks

Karen :)

Hi!
If you came to Bp, with your family and want to get some information or just find an other friendly family, just send a email for us :)

Hi  , My name is Judy , i have lived here on and off  since  2008, we retired  in 2008, I am a hungarian born  but  i left the country, in 1963..lived in USA   for almost  50 years...
Let me know  if I can help u or give u  some advise... e mail me  at [email protected]
Best  of luck to u....and welcome..