Married Couple moving to Phnom Penh July 2013

Hello.

My name is Bill and my wife's name is Gina.
We currently live in Orange County California but will be heading to Phnom Penh, Cambodia in July of this year.
We are a Christian couple who plan to do volunteer work in Cambodia and potentially other EastAsia countries.
We will start by volunteering at a school for 7 months and are looking to step into another volunteer opportunity afterward with what is called Awareness Cambodia USA here in the states.
I will be taking early retirement from contracts/finance/budget/human resource duties with the County. Very dry work that I will be happy to put away for more hands on work with people.
Wishing you all well,
Bill

Hello Bill.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Thank you for this introduction.

Aurélie

okay Bill, Welcome :)

Hello Bill and Gina,

How exciting that you are headed this way. I have lived here for almost three years with my husband and fallen in love with the country and the people.

If you need any help, tips, advice, you might find my book useful as I wrote it for people who are coming here and need to get an idea of prices, locations, culture, where to find stuff, how to network and much more..

Cheers,
Gabrielle

OMG Gabrielle you wrote that book ?? awesome !!! great stuff !!

(moderated: no free ads please)

Hi Gabrielle,
I've just picked up this thread and read your comment about a book. Where can I get it?...I'm in Australia and will be moving over there in the future, will be great to have an insight into how things work before I relocate. I've been over there 2 times but as a tourist.

Carol

Hi Bill! If you need advice on housing, feel free to contact me!

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum.]

Hi Chhayleang,

Do you deal with accommodation? If so I suggest you to post your advert in the Housing in Phnom Penh section.

Thank you,

David.