Brit girl saying hi! :-)

Hi!

Im new to here, so thought i'd say hi! :-)

Im really interested in any info people can give me on the best way of acquiring a job in egypt from abroad. I've visited many times & love it.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Hannah

Hi there, and welcome here :)

As in any country, you should start by telling about what kind of job you are looking for - and being qualified for. Maybe someone here is looking for someone with your qualifications. Know knows?

Hi :) thank you for the response.

I currently work for a county council here in the UK and have done for the last 4 years in healthcare.

However, I have previously worked in the hospitality field, as bartender, waitress &barrista & it is this that I would really like to get back into but with a position abroad. In an ideal world, I would love the position of guest relations officer.

There you go! Now it's just to wait and see what turns up. maybe there is someone looking for a guest relations officer coming in here and seeing your post. I wouldn't exactly hold my breath though, since the tourism is suffering very bad times nowadays here in the land of demonstrations :)

Hi Hannah.  Welcome to the forum.. I am currently waiting to move across to Hurghada this summer.. my 20 year old daughter is already living and working there it's been a year now.

You say you want to work in guest relation.. unless you can speak russian and arabic/egyptian unfortunately it will be hard to get a position within a Hotel.. you could start in animation to begin with whilst learning the language then perhaps move on to a position within guest relations.

Good luck

Sandra

Thankyou for your advice :-)

Is that how your daughter moved there by doing animation?
I had looked into it before but kinda passed it by, but maybe i'll look again into it.

Hi.. yes to begin with Hannah.. it really is all you can do until you learn to speak other languages.. it is predominantly russian guests in alot of the hotels so therefore you will need to to be able to speak russion and egyption/arabic before even being considered for a position as guest relation.

you can easly find a job in Egypt if you are foreigner the best jop u can find is a teacher

Where did you get that information?
My daughter is british with a teaching qualification.. also a level 2 qualification in social work and is also a qualified sports teacher!!!

She has applied for the odd job that has been available. Obviously until you can speak and understand other languages how can you communicate with guests, other colleagues, clients, children, parents etc.

She now has work because she has been in Egypt over a year and has worked hard to learn to speak, read and write different languages.
Until you can do this the only jobs freely available is working in animation in a select few hotels.

And it didn't make any difference to finding work.. the fact that she is married to an egyptian working man.

Sandra.

Queen Bee Nursery employ foreign teachers English&French with or without experience, for more information please call 01126109042 Mrs. Irene (3000 LE Maximun)

Raya Contact Center is currently looking for candidates that their Mother tongue language is Slovenia, Hungry, Turkish and Slovakia for one its biggest projects

Plz send your CV to [email protected]

u can start your private business its easy