Roatan

Hi everyone
Hope you are all having a nice day.
I'm new to this. I seen this on here and thought it would be a good place to get some info and meet others living in Honduras. We are not living there as of yet but plan on retiring there this year. I am looking for some first hand advice not all this stuff you read about on line. I read you can rent an apartment for about 100.00 US dollars. Where is a good inexpensive place to stay for about 3 months for our first trip there. The first trip will of course be to get everything ready for the move to Paradise. Any help would be greatly appreceiated. Thanks Kathy

Not sure where in Honduras you are going but if it is Roatan I would not think there is anywhere for $100/month. Some of my friends live there so why not try travelocity or VRBO first and find something for a week or two then go out and meet some local expats. They are most likely to help you.

Yes it is Roatan. We plan on renting a hotel for a week before we get there and then finding somewhere else to stay. Yes I thought joining this sight would help us meet others. I really would like to know what life is like living in Roatan. We've was there a couple of years ago but as you know vacation is much different than living there.

La Ceiba is worth looking into life is great here!

I can't think of anywhere you can rent for $100.00 USD per month. Possibly a room at a large residence helping out around the property.
There are places just off the beach for as little as $350.00 though

Thanks is the 350.00 in US dollars or Honduran money. Also we were there and went to a cigar bar down past turtle bay (I think) that's what it was called and next door to it was a little bar that had a little swim up pool and above it was rooms for rent. Our computer crashed with all our pictures on it of the vacation (what a bummer)I can't seem to find out the name of the place anywhere on the Roatan web sites Thanks for the help.