Moving

We are looking to move to Honduras and hopefully open a small "Canadian Style" pub. We want the relaxed lifestyle and would like to be out of Canada to enjoy the lifestyle of somewhere else. I am looking for any information I can get regarding opening a business or buying a house in Honduras. We are hoping somewhere near a beach. We want nothing fancy, just relaxation and fun. We are looking for somewhere slower paced than here. Any help would be fantastic.

Hi and welcome on board dthom!

I hope other members on the forum will be able to advise you soon ;)

Regards
Armand

Hi, I am Swiss and I moved to Honduras 1 year ago. the life in Switzerland was very stressful. That is why I am enjoying the life here in Honduras very much...although it is sometime very slowly :-)
If you would like to live near the beach I recommend you the north coast, i.e. Tela, La Ceiba, Cortes, Omoa, etc. My experience is that it is much cheaper to come to Honduras and look around for a house here in Honduras. A little paradise is Roatan, the bay islands. quess the bay islands is the safest place to live in Honduras and there are living a lot of foreign people...and a lot of tourists (maybe helpful for your canadian pub). The question is if you prefer to live on the mainland or on the island. I am married with an honduran and he has a big family (a lot of brothers & sisters, cousins, oncles, aunts, etc). It was very helpful to have honduran people around me when I came to Honduras. For example the visa was a big hassle and took a long time. if you give me more information it would be easier for me to give you advice.
Eliane

We have exactly what your looking for!  My husband is a Canadian and we are building a private development with 16 lots in a small beach town outside of La Ceiba.  We think it would be a good location for someone to open a north american style pub as well.  You can visit our website at honduranlfe.com or contact me directly at [email protected] and I can send you some pictures of our area and more information.

We moved here a year and a lalf ago to enjoy a more relaxed way of life and are loving it here.

Amy