Short-term apartment rental in Flic en Flac

We have a visitor arriving at the end of March - she wants to rent an apartment for a week - somewhere that isn't in the north - so that she can experience a different part of the island, as she'll be house-sitting for us in Trou aux Biches for 2 weeks.

I suggested Flic en Flac - solely because the east coast seems pretty isolated (transport-wise) and expensive (accommodation-wise).

I'm just guessing here - no idea.

She's in her early thirties.

I told her that she should stay with us (for free) and just take day-trips, or use our taxi driver to to go wherever she wants to each day (about Rs2500 or so per full day).

Any suggestions?

Hello VeroniqueL. :)

Do not forget the Housing in Mauritius section. You can check the ads and post an advert there as well. ;)

Hope other members will give you some suggestions.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Thanks Aurelie

Our house-sitter isn't an expat and doesn't want to join this site - she just wants an apartment for a week.

She will not be driving (I think?!), so all she wants is a place by the beach for a week, close to public transport, from where she can explore parts of the island that she won't see from Trou aux Biches.

I still think she should just stay with us, and take day trips from here - but guess she wants to be independent. What do you all think I should advise her to do? I told her she can stay  here without having to interact with us if she doesn't want to (private apartment downstairs).

She also wants to visit Madagascar next - any comments?

[Moderated: communicate by pm please]

[Moderated: no free ads pls]

Hello,

I believe if your friend wants some independence, that is fine.
You can check short term rentals in Flic en Flac on l'expressproperty.com

It displays several choices with different price ranges.
Hope this helps.